shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Zaplight - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

Thread: Zaplight

Default Zaplight

I saw an add for this nifty device in American Handgunner last month, and decided to look into it. I'd like to add a flashlight and a stun gun to my carry gear. Why not 2 in 1?!

http://www.beststungun.com/zaplight-...-stun-gun.html

It's both a pretty powerful 6 LED flashlight and a 1,000,000 Volt rechargeable stun gun. I found several online stores that are selling it for only $45.

All of the reviews that I've read have spoken very highly of it. I think I'm going to get 2: one for me, one for my lady. Of course, I don't like to buy anything self defense related until I get some input from my fellow ASDers. Any thoughts?
    ASD's Official Spam Looker-Outer-Dude (OSLOD)

"[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

ASD Senior Member

I haven't heard of this yet, thanks for sharing. For someone walking thier dog at night and being attacked by a stray, a CQC assault in a parking lot, could come in very handy.
    Where did you find the reviews? I would like to read up on it.
    HUG YOUR KIDS EVERY DAY AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM
    R.I.P. Zachary, 6/19/95-10/25/12

That is fantastic!!! It seems like a great idea!

I bought my mom, who doesn't carry a gun, a stun gun. She carries it religiously. her only complaint is that it attracts attention when she holds it. this may solve the problem. keep us updated.

Blog Entries

Nice stuff, Many thanks for the link..........My American Handgunner has already been recycled to a Marine in Iraq.

I've got a 600,000 volt but it does not have a flashlight. I used it only about 3 days after I got it. Perfect for a non-life threatning situation. And your right.....It spooked him into sober.

I'm going to look into this.....thanks.

Rossi

Quote Originally Posted by mmszbi View Post
    Where did you find the reviews? I would like to read up on it.
    There aren't any formal reviews; just owner testimonials from a couple of sites that sell them.

I asked the fiance if it would be alright if I bought a couple for us, and she said yes! So, I'll probably put in the order next week, which means getting them in about 2.5 - 3 weeks from now. I'll post some first impressions ASAP, and then do a full review after I've had a little time with it.

"[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Have you decided who you will test it on for your review or do you think you will just pick someone at random? I suggest someone with an Obama bumper sticker on their car!

Thanks for posting and will look forward to your review. We have a daughter and this would be perfect for her, already gave her pepper spray. She lives where carry is illegal.
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.
    Predators respect strength

Quote Originally Posted by Decline View Post
    Have you decided who you will test it on for your review or do you think you will just pick someone at random? I suggest someone with an Obama bumper sticker on their car!
    My first pick would be mayor Daley...but he's got an armed security squad with him 24/7. I could probably go to a party at one of the dumber frat houses next semester and give it a random drunk guy, tell him what it is, and just observe the reactions of his fraternity brothers...but that would probably turn out badly for all involved...including myself; so, I'm just going to have to settle for the first person who tries to mug me that doesn't deserve for me to draw my gun. Honestly, I hope that it only ever has to be a flashlight, or at best that the loud crackling noise it makes when you release a charge without touching anything does the job.