shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Has something changed? - The Original American Sheepdog!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has something changed?

Default Has something changed?

I've got the site bookmarked and can't get to it by just clicking like I used to. I have to get to it through one of the thread notifications I get. Did I miss something?
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.
    Predators respect strength

Administrator

Hmmm...not that I am aware of; I have it bookmarked also and it works for me. Have you tried redoing your bookmark?

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

I also have had no problems.

(with the site)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Decline View Post
    I also have had no problems.

(with the site)
    (giggle) No comment.....

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries

A-ok here.

Rossi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eccentric View Post
    I've got the site bookmarked and can't get to it by just clicking like I used to. I have to get to it through one of the thread notifications I get. Did I miss something?
    Yep, same here Eccentric. Started about a week ago. All my bookmarks for ASD became invalid. Cleared cache. No help. I finally redid all the bookmarks and quite getting a "Site Unavailable" redirect. All of my bookmark addresses used to have a americansheepdog.com/CCW/...... in them and now the "CCW" is gone. Something certainly did change and it may well explain the attendee figures lately.
    If Obama is the answer, the question must have been really stupid!
    Official Certification: This is to warrant that the above post contains a minimum of 90% recycled words.

Quote Originally Posted by dnola View Post
    Yep, same here Eccentric. Started about a week ago. All my bookmarks for ASD became invalid. Cleared cache. No help. I finally redid all the bookmarks and quite getting a "Site Unavailable" redirect. All of my bookmark addresses used to have a americansheepdog.com/CCW/...... in them and now the "CCW" is gone. Something certainly did change and it may well explain the attendee figures lately.
    I just have < americansheepdog.com > by itself bookmarked and it works fine. It changes itself with any major changes to the site structure.
    ASD's Official Spam Looker-Outer-Dude (OSLOD)

"[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

For those of you that had links based upon the old shared server, forum.americansheepdog..., that server was redirected here to plain americansheepdog after the transition, and it (the old server) is now gone. I was keeping it going after the transition but the expense had to be cut.

The old URL was
    forum.americansheepdog.com/CCW/Forum/forum.php

The new URL has the highlighted sections removed. If you have the old links bookmarked, you will need to change them since it is no longer forwarded. Use this URL http://americansheepdog.com/Forum/index.php

If you want to go straight to the forums, change the last part, index.php to forum.php or simply bookmark from the forum page and not the home page.

In basic terms... It's like moving and having your mail forwarded for a while.
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to UGA For This Useful Post:

rkbartley (06-02-2010)

ASD Senior Member

Thanks for the explanation Phillip. I had deleted my bookmark and reset it when you changed servers a while back.
    Again, another example of our host taking good care of us by keeping the old server up as long as he could...Thanks Phillip!
    HUG YOUR KIDS EVERY DAY AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM
    R.I.P. Zachary, 6/19/95-10/25/12

Alright, I said I wouldn't but I renewed the old server purely for traffic reasons. A lot of links on other forums pull from that server so I have it one more year...
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...