shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - gonna reload again .... - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gonna reload again ....

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default gonna reload again ....

Okay, I have been thinking about Michael and his reloading logic and it makes sense to me, so I have ordered some simple reload equipment ..hand loader and such to reload practice ammo in the .223 and .45 reloads. I shoot probably 300-600 rounds a month or more so the savings on my practice ammo makes sense ... practice ammo runs around 40 cents per round and reloads will run more like 15 cents per round .. pretty big savings.
    at this point, i have only ordered hand loading equipment and not invested in loading presses or more expensive equipment. this equipment will work just fine and the total investment is less than a couple hundred rounds of practice ammo to get started ... will let you know how it works out, most of the equipment will be arriving today. I have experience reloading in the past but drifted away from it because of time issues but now that I am semi retired, reloading is making a lot of sense to me now.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

So that's where those purchases on my account are going... Hmmmm
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

Are primers readily available where you are now?
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.
    Predators respect strength

ASD Senior Member

Components are readily available here Bebo...but ya know, if you buy the components I told you that you are welcome to use my stuff. Dont go buy the manual silly, borrow mine or I can copy pages for you.
    On the 223, you are gonna need a little more than what you have...again, use my stuff, you are always welcome. Am ordering a swager next week too. The 223 cases will need to be trimmed after sizing. Really really slow on a hand loader. But you could do a thousand a day if you want too....hint hint.
    And don't buy brass, I have thousands and thousands. Some of it was the stuff you and I shot, and if I remember correctly was yours that was mine that you stole out of my cart at walmart......
    And yea, I have my cost for practice .45ACP down to $4/100...
    Finally went to the new Cabelas today, they have shelves and shelves of primers powder bullets, but they are definitely more expensive thans Sportsmans and Sportsmans has good stocks too.
    Last edited by mmszbi; 06-09-2010 at 04:45 PM.
    HUG YOUR KIDS EVERY DAY AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM
    R.I.P. Zachary, 6/19/95-10/25/12

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default need signature ...

Quote Originally Posted by UGA View Post
    So that's where those purchases on my account are going... Hmmmm
    Hi Phillip .. I could really use a photocopy of your signature because I would like to purchase some more cool stuff on your credit card and it would save a lot of time faking your signature .. thanks buddy .. let you know how the shopping goes!!!
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

ASD Senior Member

WooHoo!! 9mm toolhead, powder die, conversion kit and carbide 3 die set arrived today!! Will buy bullets from a co-worker on payday, already have powder, primers and many thousands of brass.

9mm here I come!!!

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default bought lee press ...

I bought the lee progressive tourrent press and dies for 40, 45, and 223 rounds and have been shooting my 30-06 rifle so will be reloading that down the road tootoo ...enjoying the whole reloading process since I last reloaded in the late 70s. appreciate the offer to use your equipment Michael.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

ASD Senior Member

Anytime my friend, anytime. We need to get together again soon, I've missed shooting together and our conversations, always a pleasure.
    Onlly 1 1/2 weeks more of graveyards and back to a normal life!

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries
    Good for you Bebo. I have had the Lee classic turret for three years and have probably reloaded 10,000 rds. It paid for itself after 1000, and then all the extra "upgrade stuff" another 1000 paid for that. I am reloading 3/400 rds of 3 calibers each month (yes, thats about 9/1200). I have a lot of new student shooters that want to try my guns before they buy to decide whats best for them. I am looking to get a Dillon...but that is "serious" money for 4 calibers..but the wife has the final decision. Good luck on your refound reloading!
    Last edited by NWFFT; 08-28-2010 at 06:36 PM.
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat FocusŪ Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com

ASD Senior Member

Barry, the Dillon is definitely worth the $. The best press I have used hands down. You won't be disappointed.