shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Holster Making - Page 4 - The Original American Sheepdog!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Holster Making

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt T View Post
    Overall the holsters look great. Can you get the retaining clips in black so they blend in better with a belt? Have you tried to do any that are tuckable? I think have a "niche market" for uncommon guns is a good idea.
    Thanks! I sure can, and I'm planning on getting some with my next big materials order. I haven't made a tuckable yet, but I have one in the works I read a lot of forum threads about people looking for holsters for my guns. Hopefully they'll still be looking when I get these one out in the market
    ASD's Official Spam Looker-Outer-Dude (OSLOD)

"[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

I think most holster manufacturers but solid plastic pistol replicas from the gun manufacturers. i dunno about cost, couldnt be much, but it would be a way to expand your lineup to some main stream pistols like Glocks, increasing your market...

Quote Originally Posted by Decline View Post
    I think most holster manufacturers but solid plastic pistol replicas from the gun manufacturers. i dunno about cost, couldnt be much, but it would be a way to expand your lineup to some main stream pistols like Glocks, increasing your market...
    The blue gun replicas that are similar enough to the guns to make good holsters run about $50-$75. Eventually it will be a great idea, but at the moment I'm going to have to stick to what I've got.

"[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

this is awesome can't wait to see you in the next issue of tactical weapons
    "Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
    - George Washington

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous. If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for."
    -Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by MagpulFTW View Post
    this is awesome can't wait to see you in the next issue of tactical weapons
    And we'll all be able to say, "we knew him when!"
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.
    Predators respect strength

Quote Originally Posted by Eccentric View Post
    And we'll all be able to say, "we knew him when!"
    HAHA! That would definitely be awesome...but a ways off

Actually, I sold my first holster on Ebay 2 weeks ago. The guy emailed me over the weekend and asked if I could make him another one for his Glock 26 since he likes it so much!! That means that I'll have to get a Glock blue gun... but we've already discussed that that's a good idea.

Administrator

Hey! Congratulations on the sale and return customer!! Who knows, this holster making business my go viral and your engineering job may become a sideline job...

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by texengineer View Post

Actually, I sold my first holster on Ebay 2 weeks ago. The guy emailed me over the weekend and asked if I could make him another one for his Glock 26 since he likes it so much!! That means that I'll have to get a Glock blue gun... but we've already discussed that that's a good idea.
    Sounds like a good idea to me, too. I think you really may be on to something here!

(You'll remember us when you hit the big time, right? Our orders will go to the top of the pile, right?)
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eccentric For This Useful Post:

Decline (08-31-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Eccentric View Post
    (You'll remember us when you hit the big time, right? Our orders will go to the top of the pile, right?)
    Who says that I have to hit the big time before your orders go to the top of the list?

Quote Originally Posted by texengineer View Post
    Who says that I have to hit the big time before your orders go to the top of the list?
    Good man!!!!!