shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Pocket Flashlight - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

Thread: Pocket Flashlight

Exclamation Pocket Flashlight

I don't know how many of you guy's carry a flashlight on your person on a daily basis, but I do. I have always been a big fan of Surefire Flashlights because of their brightness and dependability.
    A little while back, I ordered a new Surefire flashlight off of ebay(a lot cheaper than buying direct), and I got one of the new LED flashlights. The catalog name is 6PD-LED. It is extremely bright and it throws a beam a pretty good ways out, but it also features a unique bezel. They call it a CRENELLATED STRIKE BEZEL, and let me tell you that thing could do some serious damage to an attacker. The edge is kind of wavy shaped, and on the edges that stick up they are kind of sharp. If you struck an attacker with that bezel and twisted it around, you are going to do some serious damage in a short amount of time.
    If you now carry or are thinking about carrying a flashlight on a daily basis, you should give the Surefire or one like it some serious thought.
    My concealed carry permit is the 2nd.Amendment
    NRA Member
    WVCDL Member
    SHEEPDOG!

Carrying one is a good idea. Thanks.
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.
    Predators respect strength

Blog Entries

I always carry a flashlight because I'm a COF (Certified Old Fart) and I'm always peering into furnaces and other stuff.

I also have a Surefire, punched up with their after market bulb for 110 lumens.

Boy Eccentrick, I gotta' think a minute on how to present this, but just last night I read about Mathew Graham, a former U.S.Air Marshall who now has his own security school. He invented a ring which fits on all Surefire products right at the butt, and I'll see if I can give you a word-picture of this attachment.

At the same time he draws his pistol, the weak hand goes to his Surefire with this ring and his third finger slips through the ring. As he is presenting the pistol, his left hand is right at it's normal grip, but it also has the flashlight. To turn it on, he only has to use his third finger that is through the ring to press the butt back against his right fingers.

It's slick and I am going to get one. I won't go into this more, because the whole thing may be on SureFire's site or on Graham's, and I haven't been to either one yet.

But....you can see this covered in a lengthy article in the Guns and Ammo "Combat Tactics" magazine at your newsstand. It was sponsored by SureFire. In this 165 page mag, is a huge article, taking about a third of the magazine, on the life and times of Smith and Wesson from it's early days up to now. Very interesting and well worth the $8.99 price just in itself.

Rossi

Super Moderator
    A tent in the Mojave Desert next to Front Sight Training Institute
    Blog Entries

I carry the Surefire G2 in my vest at all times. I also have one next to me on the night stand. I use it for work as well. Great products. There are lots of options out there, it's just a matter of finding what you like. A flashlight is one of the must have items for anyone who is serious about self-defense.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    NRA Recruiter
    TSRA Benefactor Life Member
    VFW Life Member
    Member, Optimist International
    Member, USCCA
    Former Juvenile Boot Camp Drill Instructor
    Former USAF/Security Police
    Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do.

ASD Senior Member

I carry a compact Fenix TK-10 (which has now been discontinued) on my duty belt. Very bright, uses two C-123 batteries, and has a burn time of about 11 hours or so. Fenix makes some good flashlights. Some are bit pricey, but good products for something made in China.
    I also keep a bunch of cheap Guide Gear flashlights around the house that use AAA batteries. Those are in addition to all of the long burning candles I keep around the house in case of power outages or tropical storm/hurricane conditions.
    I have been looking at some other compact flashlights too, but haven't decided on anything yet.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suncat05 For This Useful Post:

rkbartley (06-12-2016), UGA (06-11-2016)

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    I carry a compact Fenix TK-10 (which has now been discontinued) on my duty belt. Very bright, uses two C-123 batteries, and has a burn time of about 11 hours or so. Fenix makes some good flashlights. Some are bit pricey, but good products for something made in China.
    I also keep a bunch of cheap Guide Gear flashlights around the house that use AAA batteries. Those are in addition to all of the long burning candles I keep around the house in case of power outages or tropical storm/hurricane conditions.
    I have been looking at some other compact flashlights too, but haven't decided on anything yet.
    I carry a Streamlight Strion LED on my duty belt with a spare in my bail out bag for my rifle. On my rifle I use a Streamlight TLR-1 HPL. I use a Four Sevens LED light for EDC. I did a review on it which I'm sure you've seen. I love the Four Sevens light. I am a big believer in Streamlight for the rechargeable Strions, I have the 120 vac charger and the 12 vdc charger for the car. I also have a backup Pelican light that uses cr123 batteries. I just hate that it only has a 2 hour burn time. Very bright, but hate the battery life. I sent a Strion to my son when he was in Afghanistan and he still uses it today! I really like the power of Surefire and the like, just hate the battery life on the cr123's. 11 hrs on yours sounds really nice... How many lumens is it?
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

Administrator

I bought a Streamlight for my first trip to Front Sight years ago and loved it! It traveled with me everywhere and was a faithful hotel room companion on the night stand, next to the HK. That thing would light up the world! Unfortunately it didn't make it home after one flight...can only assume a baggage handler or inspector has a really great flashlight now. I still have the charger; I guess those are easily purchased.
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson