shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Reversal in November? - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

Thread: Reversal in November?

Default Reversal in November?

Do you think that there will be a reversal of direction that the country has taken with this administration with the November elections?

Yes

No

Maybe it will be the start.
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.
    Predators respect strength

Super Moderator
    A tent in the Mojave Desert next to Front Sight Training Institute
    Blog Entries

I hope it is the start at least. I remember when Newt Gingrich was the Speaker of the House and we had a Republican Senate, House and President with a conservative Supreme Court. What did the Republicans do then, besides make the Contract With America (which they broke) along with the hope of term limits? Unfortunately not much. When they were put in charge by the American people they didn't take charge and do what they had been elected to do.

Instead our members of congress let the liberals bully them into doing nothing by lying, screaming and blocking their efforts. Republicans have historically been "too nice" when it comes to debate. Liberals on the other hand have no problem with lying and demonizing anything and everything they disagree with.

Then it seems our representative became enamored with themselves and were more interested in holding office than in exercising their duties.

So, will there be a big change in November? Possibly, but only if WE THE PEOPLE hold our elected officials accountable.

(steps off soap box)
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    NRA Recruiter
    TSRA Benefactor Life Member
    VFW Life Member
    Member, Optimist International
    Member, USCCA
    Former Juvenile Boot Camp Drill Instructor
    Former USAF/Security Police
    Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sgt T For This Useful Post:

Eccentric (09-20-2010)

Blog Entries

Put me down for Door #3: "Maybe it will be a start".

The Politico has an article out on the 'Web that speaks about how the Republlicans are rubbing their hands together to have investigations and hearings about the laws that have been passed in these two years, and the people to did it.

I would submit, that the electorate will be sending Republicans to Washington for something other than the overworked phrase, "business as usual". The two parties taking turns investigating the other one, preening in front of TV, staff aids scurrying around like they are really doings God's work, while the press tries to win Pulitzers, is.......business as usual. An out of work bricklayer in Billings Montana, whose work window is only 100 days before the weather closes in, does not care about such petty stuff. He wants to work.

In fact, I think I would run on the very platform of no hearings. Off handed comments that hearings dealing with the prior administration will follow much later, and then reinforcing the mission of job creation, seizing the high ground on the number one concern for over two years, Oh, and by the way, we are going to stop stealing from our grandchildren's birthright, and will reform health care.

The article can be found at:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41506.html

I dunno, Just my $.02.

Rossi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossi For This Useful Post:

Eccentric (09-20-2010)

I think it will be a start. I have hope that our new attitude towards politicians continues after the elections. I hope the old policy of "elect your guy in and then forget about him" is over!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Decline For This Useful Post:

Eccentric (09-20-2010)

Blog Entries

Unfortunately, I am just not optimistic about the entire process. The Politico article is one of the perfect reasons for my pessimism. We need to be doing some good for the nation, not spending our time "getting even". That backfired big-time before. Don't we learn? I'm also a little puzzled by the very premature "celebrations" going on in the Republican party. Those celebs just don't get it. There is no way that they will capture the majority in the Senate and it is frankly doubtful that they will do it on the congressional side either. Listening to their rhetoric, it is obvious that they are just planning on a rerun of the disaster of the '90's. The majority of the Tea Party are Republicans that have jumped on the grassroots bandwagon for the election and will probably just go back to their old politics as soon as the swearing-in ceremony is over. The Tea Party (which one?) can't even decide who the Tea Party is.

Somehow, we have to keep the process and get rid of the "politicians"; a very tough thing when ethical conduct is a phrase used only for media coverage in our capital. Sending some of them, like Charlie Rangle, to prison would certainly help but that needs to be done by the courts and not the self-exonerating ethics investigations. The guy is a crook and needs to do hard time but it won't happen. That simply emboldens the crooks out there to turn into politicians.

As long as I'm on this soap box, I'll point my finger at the NRA also. Their "single issue" support of Nevada's Harry Reid is absolutely asinine. That one decision alone shows the need for some significant changes in the policy-makers at the NRA. There is no ethical way to support such a ludicrous decision. It is paramount to supporting a crooked judge just because he let you off on a traffic ticket. If I lived my life on a "single issue" philosophy, their would be a lot of people in very serious jeopardy.

I know, one step at a time... but I'd like to see the light at the end of the tunnel before I'm gone!
    If Obama is the answer, the question must have been really stupid!
    Official Certification: This is to warrant that the above post contains a minimum of 90% recycled words.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dnola For This Useful Post:

Eccentric (09-20-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by dnola View Post

As long as I'm on this soap box, I'll point my finger at the NRA also. Their "single issue" support of Nevada's Harry Reid is absolutely asinine. That one decision alone shows the need for some significant changes in the policy-makers at the NRA. There is no ethical way to support such a ludicrous decision. It is paramount to supporting a crooked judge just because he let you off on a traffic ticket. If I lived my life on a "single issue" philosophy, their would be a lot of people in very serious jeopardy.

I know, one step at a time... but I'd like to see the light at the end of the tunnel before I'm gone!
    Amen! My hope is that the Republican party will be hijacked and fundamentally changed, purged of all the arrogant career politicians and replaced with some real *** kickers. These clowns really don't learn.

I think the same way with regard to the NRA. I have a 3-yr membership and told the poor woman who called for a further donation that they wouldn't be getting another dime from me due to the above. She seemed dumbfounded when I mentioned the $4,000+ they donated to Reid's campaign (thanks for the new NV gun range) and she kept repeating that the NRA didn't endorse him. I also told her their endorsements, based on responses by candidates, were bogus as the candidates would say anything to get the endorsement and then do whatever they wanted later.

I'm totally fed up and done with smoke, mirrors and rivers of BS!
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.
    Predators respect strength

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eccentric For This Useful Post:

dnola (09-20-2010)