shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - life.... - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

Thread: life....

Default life....

FYI I am now in line to be a Dad come May.... Not gonna lie its kinda daunting..... Any advice ladies/guys?

Also Phillip, you work in the HVAC industry right? I have some questions for you if you do.
    Fortes Fortuna Adjuvat

Fortune Favors the Brave

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default blessings ....

congrats Javaman, kids are great when they are young and as they get to be teenages ... it becomes easy to understand why some species eat their young!! just kidding. I only had one child and I was 26 when he was born .. he taught me a lot about loving someone else more than yourself, kids are truely a blessing .. but just my opinion at the moment and subject to change later.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

Quote Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
    congrats Javaman, kids are great when they are young and as they get to be teenages ... it becomes easy to understand why some species eat their young!! just kidding. I only had one child and I was 26 when he was born .. he taught me a lot about loving someone else more than yourself, kids are truely a blessing .. but just my opinion at the moment and subject to change later.
    Funny thing Bebo.... I'm 26 now, will be 27 when he/she (hopefully he.... at least for the first one) is born.
    Fortes Fortuna Adjuvat

Fortune Favors the Brave

ASD Senior Member

Don't worry...dropping them on thier heads at any age won't hurt 'em a bit. Trust me.....
    First 6 months are boring, boring, boring, eat, change, sleep (the baby, not you!) When they become mobile, watch out!
    Can't honestly say I would do them critters again, but watching them grow up has been interesting to say the least. Now with the grandchild living with us, having to do it all over again, except I will NOT change a diaper. I have changed the meaning on the package, where it used to mean 12-16 lbs baby weight, that now means how much it can hold.
    A few more years and I will be FREE!!
    HUG YOUR KIDS EVERY DAY AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM
    R.I.P. Zachary, 6/19/95-10/25/12

Administrator

Congratulations! Children are our future and I am proud that you are feeling a bit daunted.:-) That means you are taking the job seriously...but it is so much fun, too. You will be a great dad.

rkb

Congrats Java, I miss my kids being little.

I have HVAC experience, send me a PM and tell me what's up...

Congratulations!

If I could only give one piece of advice it would be:

When deciding whether or not to discipline your child for something, always look to the future and imagine the results if you let something slide. I see a lot of parents who are basically lazy. They think raising a child just means feeding it and keeping it alive. The way you discipline when they are 2 and 3 will determine your experience when they are 16 and 17. Good kids don't just happen. If you are walking through a store and see a kid who is being good and obedient, unlike most you see nowadays, you are seeing the product of a parent who takes there job seriously. It is very tempting sometimes to just let disobedience go because you are tired but that will come back to bite you. My little 3.5 year old is a little angel when we are in public just like I was at her age. I was a little angel because I knew the consequences as does my daughter. She knows that mommy and daddy only say no once. Good kids are a joy and a blessing!

Wow. My parents should have taught me not to talk so much! Congratulations again!
    Last edited by Decline; 10-12-2010 at 07:01 PM.

That's awesome. Really, it's not as tough as it seems like it's going to be. At least, it's no tougher than anything else, because any difficulty is offset by tremendous reward. Mainly, you have to be careful to stay involved their entire lives without becoming overbearing or a helicopter parent.
    Last edited by apples; 11-03-2010 at 12:10 PM.

Blog Entries

Congrats, and it will truly be a wonderful adventure. You'll both look back at those times with fond memories.

Advice? Nope, not in these turbulent times. I must keep my own council.

Best of luck.

Rossi