shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Holy Crap! - The Original American Sheepdog!

Thread: Holy Crap!

ASD Senior Member

Default Holy Crap!

Once again, I have foiled my families plans to surprise me. I am known for guessing things, like Christmas presents, events, the meaning of special dinners, etc.
    Today, my wife texted me that my oldest daughter's boyfriend wanted to take us out to dinner........
    any guesses on this one???

Yep, I was correct again. During dinner, small talk and such. When the plates were clear, you could just feel the tension, he was getting fidgity....so I just came out and asked if he wanted to marry my daughter. You could just SEE the relieif! Yep, he asked my blessing! Of course, he also asked when we could go shooting (he knows my weak spot too), I told him I would give him a 100 yard head start and managed to keep a straight face and stern look. And told him I would get him a T-shirt from Target too!

So appears that my daughter is to be wed! If he jinks and jukes well that is
    HUG YOUR KIDS EVERY DAY AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM
    R.I.P. Zachary, 6/19/95-10/25/12

Administrator

Congratulations...to all of you!

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries

Many congrats to all of you.

I still remember the situation....it was a life-time ago, but high stress for sure.

Rossi

Congratulations! The girls are going to have fun with all the plans.

Didn't see that one coming, huh? Did your wife?
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.
    Predators respect strength

ASD Senior Member

A few folks on here know some history of last several months, so yea, I was totally surprised by this, but once the dinner invitation was given, I knew what its purpose was. I am very happy, will give my grandson a stable home rather than a life with the challenges of having a single parent.

Wife and I just went and got a preview of the ring, much to the dismay of my daughter. The kid did good. I have my original wedding ring, I can no longer wear it (my fat fingers), so asked him if he would accept it for himself.

My wife and I were talking about it last night and how young they are.....but weren't we all?

My wife was not surprised, everything had been planned (regarding letting me in on it and the asking of my blessing) ahead of time due to my sometimes way of doing things...
    Last edited by mmszbi; 11-27-2010 at 05:36 PM.
    HUG YOUR KIDS EVERY DAY AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM
    R.I.P. Zachary, 6/19/95-10/25/12

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries
    Congrats Michael! Teach them to shoot as a family...a family that plays together, stays together.
    Just remember to lead the shot!
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat FocusŪ Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com

In Ponchatoula, La., about 2 miles south of the intersection of I-55 and I-12

Congrats Michael! It sounds like you're gaining a son, not losing a daughter. I'm sure you will enjoy going shooting as a family. I love to shoot with my son and grandson.

Arrow

Congratulations Michael! I was in his shoes not too long ago before I proposed to Brit Of course, I got off easy since her parents and grandparents live too far away to justify a whole trip just to ask their blessings. I was able to do it over the phone. Got them all the same
    ASD's Official Spam Looker-Outer-Dude (OSLOD)

"[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine