shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - 3 Speed Holster - Page 2 - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 Speed Holster

Oh no! I can't wait to hear from you!! ;)

Tell you what, I also have a smart carry so I was thinking about doing a comparison between the two since they are the same type holster. It may be a week or two till I get pictures etc together so if you don't mind, when your holster comes in, PM me a kind of second opinion on the holster. It would be neat to have two points of view in the same review. Interested?

sounds like a damn good recipe for a review!

I should be getting mine in tomorrow, so I will try to get some thoughts to you on wed sometime.

-Zach

@ Shibmaster-
    I had hoped to have my comparison published today but I ran out of time and I have to go to Colorado. I will be back Saturday so I will get the comparison published Sat or Sun. Sorry for the delay!

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Icon14

Looking forward to reading this one, thanks!
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

If anyone is looking for the actual review please go to http://americansheepdog.com/Forum/sh...la-in-ya-Pants!!

I know I will be posting some updates later this week as well so be looking!
    "If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words" (Unkown).

Default 3 Speed Holstger

I just the other day ordered one for my Ruger SR40C. I was looking for a inexpensive system. I didn't want to have to buy expensive holsters, belts and a new line of CC Clothing. I am 62 and retired. I am a novice , this is my first gun purchased. I have taken a basic 101 gun class and have about 10-12 hours of range time. I should be receiving my TX CHL in the mail either Sat 03-30-2013 or the following Monday. 80% of the time i am in Drawstring Shorts or basic Wrangler jeans and wear large Tees not tucked in. I came up with a list of four holsters that semd to fit what I was looking for. Remora Clipless 6ART-SS, Sticky Holster MD-4, Tactipac "Fusionpac" and the 3 Speed Holster. I chose the 3 Speed http://3speedholster.com/..... I will give a review after having it awhile. I am new to all of this so bear with me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kde71450 For This Useful Post:

rkbartley (06-23-2013)

ASD Senior Member

Never had any experience with one of these, but just initially think that for me, this kind of carry would not be a good idea. I just prefer either a Blackhawk CQB holster or a leather pancake type holster. I use both, and am comfortable with both. Again, this is my opinion as to what I believe is best for me.

Administrator

Icon14

Looking forward to your review kde71450!

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rkbartley For This Useful Post:

burtboomer (08-31-2013)

ASD Member

Default threespeed review

I have used the three speed for about six months now and this is what I know.First I carry a xds. 45,i ordered it without the extra clip pocket,shipping was quick and the product was well made.I've never really liked the deep tuck carry position so I carry at the 4 and 5 o'clock position and can honestly say this is truly comfortable holster.I wasn't real sure about it since most information is about deep carry or front carry but this is a truly comfortable holster at any carry position. You can wear gym shorts to the park or jeans throughout the day it is truly universal carry.the thing I had an issue with was the strap in the texas heat that I live in.It wasn't really bad just sometimes uncomfortable.I started wearing a undershirt and that fixed the problem.Something else that worked was a small cast sleeve.I went on eBay and looked under casting material and bought a small cloth cast sleeve.slid the strap through it it worked great when I don't want to wear undershirts and it was a cheap fix.hope this helps anyone looking at this holster.it's well worth money and after a little break in it truly is very comfortable to wear.in the near future I would like to review my other holsters,the N82 Pro,remora tuckable with clip and the alien gear holster.