shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Obama executive orders - Page 2 - The Original American Sheepdog!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obama executive orders

@Rossi

I agree that the UN could pass rules about our gun rights. My point was that the fears that the UN could pass a sweeping proclamation that we are no longer allowed to have guns and that it would stick, are overblown.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossi View Post
    I guess the NRA received a gazillion other letters, as they quickly announced their reasoning. Reid is a big 2A guy, opened a huge new range in Nevada, Rossi
    Yes, and Reid is not really a big 2A guy if I remember the stuff I dug up prior to last November's election. His voting record had a very contrary odor.

The UN has tried over the years to stick their collective noses into our gun laws based on the premise that guns from the US were illegally getting into the hands of terrorists, criminals, etc. from here. With the ATF scandal, the fact that Barry, Hillary and friends are contemplating sending advanced weaponry to Libya to assist those marvelous freedom fighters who are entrenched (Muslim Bro'hood, Al Queda, etc), that argument falls flat. That, however, will not stop stop the psychopaths in all the world gov'ts (including our own) from trying to disarm the largest armed citizen population in the world. By executive order? I don't know. Barry has accomplished any number of things on his agenda by illegal means. He can try..................

We need to get totally out of the UN. Let someone else foot the bill and deal with all the crooked diplomats. We could appeal to the left if the building could be turned into senior housing afterwards..................
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.
    Predators respect strength

Blog Entries

1. High rise buildings are never a good solution for senior housing.
    2. NRA's support of Reid was ludicrous and short-sighted regardless of Reid's 2A stance. When he decides not to run again (and that time has probably come), he will no longer need the NRA support and his progressive ideology will prevail.
    3. Your gun rights can effectively be abolished by the U.S. ratification of the UN Small Arms Treaty currently supported by a majority of UN member nations. It's constitutionality would take years to decide and, with the liberal judiciary in this country, our rights would be lost until such a decision was make in the Supreme Court.
    4. One more obama appointment to the Supreme Court will guarantee that we will lose our gun rights and that appointment will happen if he is re-elected.
    5. obama feels, probably correctly, that he will have a better chance of being re-elected if he takes a more active anti-gun stance. The gun supporters didn't vote for him in the first place and he is loosing support among the liberals and left leaning independents because he has not fought against gun ownership in his first two years. He will definitely be more anti-gun during his 2012 campaign.
    6. At the very least, we will see a revised and even more restrictive "assault weapons" ban in the next three years. It will cover rifles, shotguns, handguns, magazine capacity, all semi-automatics and certain caliber weapons such as the Five-Seven, the .50 BMG and others.
    7. Unless some strong conservative leadership steps up to the plate, 2012 will not be a good year. obama has already started his campaign and the conservatives don't have a clue who they might run against him. Many of the newly acquired conservative seats in the House are already in trouble and Wisconsin has rekindled the liberal movement nationwide.
    8. The 2A is totally an argument of interpretation. Many feel that the meaning only applies to military and that citizens are not part of any "militia." It should read "armed citizens" but it doesn't. It is not inconceivable that our rights could be struck down. Take nothing for granted.
    Last edited by dnola; 04-04-2011 at 09:30 AM.
    If Obama is the answer, the question must have been really stupid!
    Official Certification: This is to warrant that the above post contains a minimum of 90% recycled words.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dnola For This Useful Post:

Decline (04-04-2011)

I have no problem saying this in front of God and everyone, if the UN tells me I can't have a gun I will defy the order.
    Furthermore, I WILL FIRE UPON THE FIRST AGENT OF ANY MUNICIPALITY, COUNTY, STATE, OR COUNTRY that comes to take my gun away.
    I know I will not win that fight. At least not in the classical way of winning. But I will go down shooting, and will die a FREE MAN.

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries

Icon6

Thanks all for the conversation! its is good to read a lot of opinions on the subject! I started this thread, so I will add another 3 cents worth. I think the administration is doing all they can on the fringes to keep the "gun" people on edge, but dare not follow through...because I feel that they truly understand that if they try to take our gun freedoms away they will get the second civil war.
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat Focus® Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com

OK, can we get out of the UN and use the building for a detention center for terrorists (foreign and domestic) awaiting execution? The whole sequence of events from trial (military) to execution should be no longer than it was for the conspirators in the assassination of Lincoln--a month I believe. Heck, they wouldn't even have time to get the sheets dirty!
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.
    Predators respect strength