shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Springfield XDM .40 3.8" - Page 2 - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Springfield XDM .40 3.8"

I'm going to check that sig and ruger. Thanks for the recommendations.

And I do understand that concealing doesn't depend on the gun, but in my case I do wear kind of fitting jeans. So that does end up limiting what I can conceal. I really cannot get anything larger than a compact gun. And even that is pushing it.

-Shib
    "If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words" (Unkown).

There are many new single stack slim line 9mm guns out now. There is the Kel-Tec PF-9, the Taurus PT709, the Ruger LC9, the Kimber Solo and of course the Kahr. All of these are micro compact- smaller than your XD-40SC and they are all 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by Decline View Post
    There are many new single stack slim line 9mm guns out now. There is the Kel-Tec PF-9, the Taurus PT709, the Ruger LC9, the Kimber Solo and of course the Kahr. All of these are micro compact- smaller than your XD-40SC and they are all 9mm

Ive been looking at the new solo 9 Kimber myself. Nice looking steel....

Hey UGA, speaking of small guns, how is the warthog treating you?

Quote Originally Posted by Decline View Post
    Hey UGA, speaking of small guns, how is the warthog treating you?
    I friggen love it, we're good friends...

Im wearing it now, eating lunch at Burger King... Its still my daily carry. I now work for a company that supports my 2A rights, so there is no need to conceal but its still how I prefer it. Its the perfect 1911 style .45 for me. Comfortable, easy to conceal. 10+1 in it with a 10rd spare in the side pocket of my carpenter jeans. I'm zombie ready...

Quote Originally Posted by UGA View Post
    I now work for a company that supports my 2A rights, so there is no need to conceal but its still how I prefer it.
    I wish!!! I cannot even bring my gun to work and store it in my car...

On another note I am going to be holding a bunch of different guns tomorrow so maybe I will find something that fits. Wish me luck!

-Shib
    "If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words" (Unkown).

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Icon6

[QUOTE=shibmaster;24099]I wish!!! I cannot even bring my gun to work and store it in my car...QUOTE]

Yea a lot of companies have the gun-free-zone policy. If the policy refers to guns only and doesn't extend to less-than-lethal weapons I'd go that route.

I'm gonna take a "wild" guess here and bet there's a whole-lotta guns in a whole-lotta cars in Texas.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Icon6 Police Pistol Slim

A friend of mine recently showed me his new Walther PPS (Police Pistol Slim). Wow, this pistol is, well, SLIM! I didn't get the chance to shoot it, but it felt good in my hand. It seems to be well designed for concealed carry, especially for inside-the-pants. The last thing I need is another duty-size handgun, so the small, light & slim PPS definitely got my attention. I may have to own one of these in the future.

If anyone out there carries and shoots a PPS I'd enjoy hearing any and all comments.

http://www.waltherpistols.com/item/68805_Walther_Hand_Guns_Pistols_Walther_WAP10001_P PS_Auto.aspx

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx?pg=list&mfg=Walther%2c+USA&mdl=PPS&ca t=1&type=Semi-Automatic+Pistol&cal=All&fin=&sit

Last edited by Jim Trueblood; 05-19-2011 at 09:40 AM.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

I am really excited about the new Texas law Jim was referring to that forces employers to allow guns in cars. Happy for other folks that is. In Texas, a gun free zone has to be posted with The penal code in contrasting colors with specific lettering of a specific size in English and Spanish. If it is not exact then according to the law it doesn't count. That means that it is only the employers rule and not law. That means they can stick their little anti gun policy up their tooter.

That said, I am very jelous UGA for working somewhere that isn't owned by brain dead sheep. Aren't they worried that you will come to work and get mad because the vending machine stole your money and start shooting everyone?!
    Last edited by Decline; 05-19-2011 at 09:44 AM.

ASD Senior Member

The XDm in 9mm and 40 are redesigned XD's for one main advantage...capacity. The ergonomics are better with the changable grip panels, but the main focus for Springfield was on additional rounds. Except for the 45ACP. Capacity remained the same and the XDm in 45 is the only model that can run the same magazines as the XD, the others are different.
    I know it will break Bebo's heart, but I sold my Kimber and bought the XDm .45. I will have to pick up a 1911 again at some point, but with our current political and economic outlook, I opted for capacity.
    HUG YOUR KIDS EVERY DAY AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM
    R.I.P. Zachary, 6/19/95-10/25/12