shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Springfield XDM .40 3.8" - Page 3 - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Springfield XDM .40 3.8"

Alright, so I have decided I am either going to go with a Walther PPS because that gun just looks sexy! or the XDM .40 3.8". I am going to wait a week or two and just think about it and see what my mind does. Wish me luck! haha
    "If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words" (Unkown).

So everyone,

Springfield sucked me back in :) I decided to get a XDM40 3.8" (short grip). I feel like a sucker, but man I love that thing!! It is coming in tomorrow or Friday. I'm going to try to take it to the range this weekend, and maybe do my new video with it.

After looking I think my next gun is going to be a 1911. Those things are just sexy, and wouldn't mind having a 45 ACP for once. What do yall think?
    "If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words" (Unkown).

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Wink 1911s!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shibmaster View Post
    After looking I think my next gun is going to be a 1911. Those things are just sexy, and wouldn't mind having a 45 ACP for once. What do yall think?
    I have 30 years experience shooting 1911s, and have literally been thru hundreds of hours of training using a 1911. I carried a 1911, backed up by S&W snubs, into harm's way for decades. I don't say this to toot my own horn, but rather to amplify that I am indeed a 1911 fan. I prefer a full-size government model, 5" barrel, no rail. There is nothing better than shooting a finely-tuned 1911.

That said, 1911s can be very finicky pains-in-the-#$$ at times. They're maintenance-intensive and ammo-sensitive. Don't expect all typical production-line 1911s to have the run-hot, run-dirty, digest-all-ammo, out-of-the-box reliability of an XD or Glock, because most won't. Most 1911s require a break-in period of a minimum of 200 rounds of factory FMJ before you can really get the feel of how the pistol is performing.

Keep in mind I LUV 1911s, but I'm just trying to keep-it-real here.

Typical Production Line 1911s nowadays can range anywhere from $500 to $1000, so the first step would be to decide what's the most you'd like to spend for your first 1911. The good news is there are several good offerings on the market today for under $1000. When purchasing a 1911 I also tend to lean toward companies that have reliable, easy-to-access customer service.

Best of Luck,

Jim

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jim Trueblood; 06-10-2011 at 08:40 AM.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

Icon14 Xd 40

My wife is a Reserve Police Officer, and she carries the XD 40. This pistol is super-low maintenance and has excellent reliability with very good accuracy. You really can't go wrong with any of the XD line. The Glock, M&P and the XD models are all simular pistols, so it basically comes down to your personal preference.

Looking forward to hearing what you think of it

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by shibmaster View Post
    So everyone,

Springfield sucked me back in :) I decided to get a XDM40 3.8" (short grip). I feel like a sucker, but man I love that thing!! It is coming in tomorrow or Friday. I'm going to try to take it to the range this weekend, and maybe do my new video with it.

The XDM40 3.8 has a shorter slide and not the grip...the grip is the same as a full size XDM.
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat FocusŪ Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com