shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Texas Burning...in more ways than one - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

Thread: Texas Burning...in more ways than one

Administrator

Post Texas Burning...in more ways than one

The rest of the country may not have a clue; however, most Texans I know are very "ticked" at our president...even the ones who don't care much for our governor. That man really doesn't want to mess with Texas....
    I found this article from the National Review Online interesting. The comments at the end are somewhat entertaining.

rkb

Texas Burning
    By Kevin D. Williamson

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...n-d-williamson
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

He is a real piece of work. Glad the Gov'nr stands up to him.

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

We have to make O'bummer a one-term president. I wonder if any democrat will have the guts to challenge him in the primary. I doubt it.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Trueblood View Post
    We have to make O'bummer a one-term president.
    Well, we better be figuring out how to do it. There isn't a GOP candidate there now that will come close to unseating this maggot. This is the final inning, gals and guys. I can promise you that if he wins in 2012, you will lose your right to own a firearm and that, believe it or not, will be the least of your problems. I know, I haven't been around here much in the last many months but I haven't been totally absent in the fight. I've just turned to a more political involvement than one principally of a 2A nature.

A couple of years ago, I naively did not truly suspect that an obama win in 2008 could possibly lead to the downfall of an entire nation. Now I have no doubt that an obama victory in 2012 will destroy the entire Constitution and it will be rewritten just as it was in Venezuela and elsewhere. At no time in our nation's history, has it been under a more serious threat than it is today and that includes every war we have ever been involved in... and in today's high tech world of warfare, our guns will not be that significant. For those who think that our military would not allow something like this to happen, look at Syria, Libya, Yemen, Venezuela and a long list of other nations that didn't believe that their military would turn against them. It's very easy for a government that controls a military and most of the media to turn right-wing conservatives into "rebel, gun-totting terrorists." Get the vote and keep your guns. Lose the vote and lose your guns... and your way of life.

This will be your second chance and there will be no third chance for survival. A loss will mean that you either kiss the dictator's feet from your prayer rug or head for the hills. It's up to you. If this doesn't get you fired up, buy a compass so that you know which direction to bend.

I know, I'm preaching to the choir but sometimes the choir just isn't loud enough.
    Last edited by dnola; 05-13-2011 at 08:11 AM.
    If Obama is the answer, the question must have been really stupid!
    Official Certification: This is to warrant that the above post contains a minimum of 90% recycled words.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dnola For This Useful Post:

rkbartley (05-13-2011)

Interesting how da prez did not declare the fire-ravaged areas in TX disaster zones but, hey, we sent dinero to Mexico for the same thing...

Oh, and wait, we couldn't drill in the Gulf for oil but we would help Brazil with $ and technology to do so and finance an underwater oil storage facility for Mexico................no wait, the prez has done an aboutface again and now we WILL try to improve domestic output. With all the 180s I think I'm about to blow lunch.

Glad the TX governor doesn't swallow his crap.
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.
    Predators respect strength

there are several candidates that i am keeping an eye on and many more we have not heard of yet. it is still early and the race is only in the start up stages. One candidate that i have heard several interviews with who sounds promising is Herman Cain. I have heard him answer questions on everything from the economy to the border and i have yet to hear him say anything wrong. In fact everything has been so right i cant help but get excited about the other candidates that have yet to come out.

Every one seems to be looking at the candidates from the last election. Those guys are bowing out one by one and rightfully so. They are relics of the not so conservative past. Nice people but not what we need. We cant have another McCain. We don't need middle of the road candidates. This is the era of the tea party. We have stood up and spoken out. The last race had a stage full of moderates seeking the undecided voters. That is the past. The future is about hard core conservatives. reaching out to the other side of the aisle only gets you pulled to their side. We are tired of compromise and honestly this country cant take anymore.

despair not, the Romney's and Huckabee's are not our only options. Wait and see...
    Last edited by Decline; 05-15-2011 at 08:06 PM.

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by dnola View Post
    Well, we better be figuring out how to do it. There isn't a GOP candidate there now that will come close to unseating this maggot. This is the final inning, gals and guys. I can promise you that if he wins in 2012, you will lose your right to own a firearm and that, believe it or not, will be the least of your problems. I know, I haven't been around here much in the last many months but I haven't been totally absent in the fight. I've just turned to a more political involvement than one principally of a 2A nature.

A couple of years ago, I naively did not truly suspect that an obama win in 2008 could possibly lead to the downfall of an entire nation. Now I have no doubt that an obama victory in 2012 will destroy the entire Constitution and it will be rewritten just as it was in Venezuela and elsewhere. At no time in our nation's history, has it been under a more serious threat than it is today and that includes every war we have ever been involved in... and in today's high tech world of warfare, our guns will not be that significant. For those who think that our military would not allow something like this to happen, look at Syria, Libya, Yemen, Venezuela and a long list of other nations that didn't believe that their military would turn against them. It's very easy for a government that controls a military and most of the media to turn right-wing conservatives into "rebel, gun-totting terrorists." Get the vote and keep your guns. Lose the vote and lose your guns... and your way of life.

This will be your second chance and there will be no third chance for survival. A loss will mean that you either kiss the dictator's feet from your prayer rug or head for the hills. It's up to you. If this doesn't get you fired up, buy a compass so that you know which direction to bend.

I know, I'm preaching to the choir but sometimes the choir just isn't loud enough.
    If the foolish re-elect him...and he tries anything NEW (MARXIST), he will get his revolution!
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat FocusŪ Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Post Congressional Seats 2012

There's also gonna be a bunch of Congressional seats up-for-grabs in 2012. We musn't lose sight of the political fact that the House & Senate are the real key to any legislative moves that have a national effect.

Yes, the White House is important, but if I had to choose one over the other, I'll take a 2A friendly majority in Congress over a 2A friendly President any day of the week.

Take a long, hard look at your State's Congressional races and vote wisely.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

+1 Jim!!!

It is easy to get caught up in the glamor of prez election ( (which is important) and coast through the other elections. In a system of checks and balances we have to vote in good people for the checks AND balances!