shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Spare mag carry method - The Original American Sheepdog!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spare mag carry method

Default Spare mag carry method

I normally carry a spare mag in my pocket and sometimes carry one in a belt holster to resemble a pocket knife. I was wondering if anyone has a different or unique carry method we could learn from. What say you?

Super Moderator
    A tent in the Mojave Desert next to Front Sight Training Institute
    Blog Entries

If you carry your spare in the pocket make sure there is nothing else in there with it. I got an email detailing a case where a dime became lodged inside a mag and kept it from seating in the pistol during a reload. I normally use a pouch.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    NRA Recruiter
    TSRA Benefactor Life Member
    VFW Life Member
    Member, Optimist International
    Member, USCCA
    Former Juvenile Boot Camp Drill Instructor
    Former USAF/Security Police
    Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sgt T For This Useful Post:

rkbartley (05-17-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt T View Post
    If you carry your spare in the pocket make sure there is nothing else in there with it. I got an email detailing a case where a dime became lodged inside a mag and kept it from seating in the pistol during a reload. I normally use a pouch.
    Roger that, that is how I do it. While working I use a pouch because the common screws and electrical terminals in my pocket can become lodged in just about anything...

I even have a belt case for my kel-tec BUG that looks like a smart phone or pda case while working because pocket space is greatly needed for misc stuff related to the job at hand. This is what spawned the question of what method some may have to conceal a spare mag. I love learning new tricks..

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries

Icon6

I carry mags (2) in my back (left) pocket opposite from my wallet pocket. Nothing to interfere with them except it is a little difficult to pull the mags out of the left rear pocket...but can be done with practice.
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat FocusŪ Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com

I have been considering a pocket knife like belt holster for one.

Blog Entries

One mag for the carry gun is carried in a leather pouch similar to one used for the small flashlight for seeing into furnaces and all that. The flashlight and pouch are worn on the other hip. It doesn't make all that much difference... the area is covered by a light vest or pull over shirt.

This time of year, I tend to wear a shoulder rig, so the spare mag sits in it's normal home.

I have back-up mags for the BUG, but they are kept in the car. I'm in the car allot, so the car does most of the heavy lifting. A car gun, it's mags, the BUG's mags, a 600,000 volt taser, and police night stick.

I figured that was enough so what the heck, I took out the grenades and the C-4.

Rossi

Administrator

Smile Guys have it so easy!

Life is soooo easy for guys, at least when it comes to carry options. Most days my office wardrobe doesn't include a belt or pockets. Thank goodness for clip-on IWB holsters. Spare mags are in a pocket of my purse dedicated for that purpose.

@Rossi, good plan taking the C-4 out of the car...could have been preceved as extreme.

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Icon14 Defense Planner / Hidden Agenda

Quote Originally Posted by rkbartley View Post
    Life is soooo easy for guys, at least when it comes to carry options. Most days my office wardrobe doesn't include a belt or pockets. rkb
    We own both a Defense Planner and a Hidden Agenda from Galco. The quality of workmanship is outstanding. They really come in handy in certain office / business environments, and are great for travel. I can walk thru a crowded hotel lobby with a "gun in my hand", and sit in a restaurant with my "gun on the table" right next to me. In this age of smartphones, laptops, Ipods, and electronic notebooks, no one even gives them a second look.

https://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.asp?ProductID=2769&CatalogID=393

https://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT3.asp?ProductID=2432&CatalogID=393

Last edited by Jim Trueblood; 05-22-2011 at 11:59 AM.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

I have a magazine pouch that rides horizontally and parallels my belt. It looks like a cell phone holder. I carry a second magazine for my 45ACP in this pouch. I can wear it with shorts, jeans or even a suit and no one is the wiser. Isn't this what concealed carry is all about?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to davidj For This Useful Post:

suncat05 (08-04-2012)

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by davidj View Post
    I have a magazine pouch that rides horizontally and parallels my belt. It looks like a cell phone holder.
    I've seen those, I like'em.

"The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck