shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Smart Carry Holster's - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smart Carry Holster's

Default Smart Carry Holster's

Does anyone have or has anyone ever used a Smart Carry Holster? I was looking their advertisement over and was wondering if any of you guy's own one or have ever worn one. I would really like to hear from someone who has tried one out and can or cannot recommend one.
    If you can help me out, I would really appreciate it. Thank's.
    My concealed carry permit is the 2nd.Amendment
    NRA Member
    WVCDL Member
    SHEEPDOG!

Quote Originally Posted by vthompson View Post
    Does anyone have or has anyone ever used a Smart Carry Holster? I was looking their advertisement over and was wondering if any of you guy's own one or have ever worn one. I would really like to hear from someone who has tried one out and can or cannot recommend one.
    I will release a review on SmartCarry this week...;)
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

That is good news UGA, I will be waiting to read about it.
    NRA Member
    WVCDL Member
    SHEEPDOG!

Quote Originally Posted by UGA View Post
    I will release a review on SmartCarry this week...;)
    I've also been using a Smartcarry for my Kimber Ultra, just need time to formulate a decent review :p

Quote Originally Posted by vthompson View Post
    I have one and tried it on several occasions, can't say it was not good but found other ways to carry that was IMHO better. Does not mean it isn't good, everyone has an opinion. BJ;):)

Thank you for your reply B J, that is what I am wanting to hear. I have been used to wearing a t-shirt holster from A Better Holster.Com all winter,but I have been able to keep my pistol concealed by wearing a flannel shirt or a zip up hoodie over top of it. Now that summer is hear, I have to figure out another way to carry it. That is why I was curious about the Smart Carry Holster.
    NRA Member
    WVCDL Member
    SHEEPDOG!

In Ponchatoula, La., about 2 miles south of the intersection of I-55 and I-12

I wear an IWB holster all year for my EMP. It is easier hidden in the winter when covered by a jacket, but in the summer I wear a shirt over it, hanging out. This hides it pretty good. I've never tried the Smart Carry and I don't think I will ever invest in one, because I just can't see how it would feel comfortable when you sit down and lean forward. You would be leaning right into the gun, where when the holster is on your side, you won't be leaning into the gun when you bend over. I'm not saying anything bad about the holster. That's just my opinion. As I'm sitting here typing my IWB is on my belt and I don't even know it's there.

Roy

Default I have one

I bought my smart carry about a year ago. I finally stopped using it about 3 months ago.

First of all let it be known that i have a handsome roundness to me:D

I am 6'3 broad shouldered and approx 275-280lbs.

My primary concealed carry weapon is a kel-tec PF-9.
    I bought the Smart carry because my work is very physical with a lot of bending over and lifting. My shirt comes up exposing my waistband regularly so any kind of visible waist carry is out of the question.

Here is my experience with it.
    *It conceals fantastically!
    *It pokes my gut unmercifully when seated. I have tried wearing it tight, loose and in between. nothing helped. I am sure a thinner person might not have this problem but it was torture for me. i am having phantom pains thinking about it!
    *sweat protection was perfect.
    *drawing, with practice, was reasonable fast.
    as a note, i often find myself in situations where i see trouble coming (i deliver in some nasty neighborhoods) and i want to get ready to draw without actually commiting to pulling my gun. With my "away from work" holster (outside the waistband) i can actually put my hand on the grip without people around me noticing. that is not possible with the smart carry as people notice when you put your hand down your pants.

I recently replaced the Smart carry with a pocket holster and could not be happier!

Thanks for your reply Decline, I found it very helpful.
    NRA Member
    WVCDL Member
    SHEEPDOG!

Super Moderator
    A tent in the Mojave Desert next to Front Sight Training Institute
    Blog Entries

I should be getting a Smartcarry sometime this week. Since it is very hot and humid here I have to dress for the weather. I am looking forward to trying this new holster. I have a Pager Pal, which I like except that it is very stiff and the "pager" has to clip to by belt in front, which is impractical. I think the softer material in the Smartcarry will work well. Report will follow.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    NRA Recruiter
    TSRA Benefactor Life Member
    VFW Life Member
    Member, Optimist International
    Member, USCCA
    Former Juvenile Boot Camp Drill Instructor
    Former USAF/Security Police
    Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do.