shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - when the immediate threat ends ..... - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: when the immediate threat ends .....

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default when the immediate threat ends .....

I had a thought that crossed my mind .... suppose that you were at home or somewhere kind of isolated and suddenly there is a home invasion robbery, you are armed and manage to shoot the armed intruder and he has been subdued ... before you have a chance to call the police, the wounded intruder demands that you let him go. He tells you that his home boys will prevent you from testifying in court or retaliate against your family if you do testify. he continues to tell you how he has been to prison and he knows he will not be locked up for all that long and if nothing else, he will return to retaliate against you personally after spending a few years in prison.. so letting him go is in everyones best interest ... so what do you do???
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Wink No Brainer

For me, it's a no-brainer. I just shot a human being in a situation that's entirely lawful and legal. I call the police, press all charges, and if necessary testify. I'm not gonna "taint" a legal act of self-defense by conspiring with the piece-of-$#%! who just forced entry into my home to do harm to myself and my family.

On top of that, were I to let him leave with my bullet in him, he could go to the hospital and then tell the police any story he felt like making up. Like how he escaped after I lured him inside my house because I'm a Rambo-type gun nut, made it look like a break-in, then shot him cause I just don't like his kind. Next thing I know I'm under arrest. And that's just the beginning of the can-of-worms nightmare I've opened for myself by not reporting a shooting.

Threats? I report any and all threats to the police immediately. I prepare and take all necessary precautions. I follow the law and the urinal-cake goes to jail. I don't negotiate with s#%!, I flush it.
    Last edited by Jim Trueblood; 06-13-2011 at 05:44 PM.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Trueblood For This Useful Post:

Sgt T (06-15-2011)

Blog Entries

Default Another solution...

There is another solution... one that would save the tax payers a lot of money in trial expense as well as the cost of providing the scumbag with room and board. We need to save all the money we can these days, what with all the deficits out there.
    If Obama is the answer, the question must have been really stupid!
    Official Certification: This is to warrant that the above post contains a minimum of 90% recycled words.

I agree entirely with Jim. I don't think you rationally have any other choice other than dnola' suggestion. I know dnola was half joking ( only half) but really that is the only other alternative. If that alternative isn't a good idea then you HAVE to do as Jim suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by dnola View Post
    There is another solution... one that would save the tax payers a lot of money in trial expense as well as the cost of providing the scumbag with room and board. We need to save all the money we can these days, what with all the deficits out there.
    I was thinking along the same lines..................just thinking, mind you..............
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.
    Predators respect strength

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Trueblood View Post
    [B][I] I follow the law and the urinal-cake goes to jail. I don't negotiate with s#%!, I flush it.
    Thanks for making me laugh, Jim!
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by dnola View Post
    I agree with all of the above...but just because the BG is talking to you does not mean that he is still a threat...or is he? Is he making threatning moves or just talking because he can't move?

Answers to these questions, in MY mind will answer what was said above. One misjudgement will land you in prison ALSO....review the story about the pharmacist in OKC.
    Just my 2cents worth.
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat FocusŪ Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com

ASD Senior Member

Default When the immediate threat ends........

If you live in a state where the "Castle Doctrine" is in effect(meaning that YOU, as the homeowner have no obligation to retreat)then if you kill him outright then you've done what needed to be done.
    If he lives, you'd better be damned sure to call the police as soon as humanly possible, and then keep that "alleged criminal" legally detained until they arrive and relieve you of his custody.
    DO NOT DO A DAMNED THING THAT CRIMINAL ASKS FOR OR BEGS YOU TO DO! DO NOT! He started this, you be the one to finish it. Period, end of discussion! He gets zero, zip, zilch, nada as far as sympathy or understanding.
    And if he's only wounded, for God's sake keep him in your sight at all times, do not take your eyes off of him, and do not allow him to move in any manner except to keep his nose on the floor, on his belly, with his arms & legs spead out and visible. If he moves his arms or legs anywhere towards his body, take that as a threat and do what needs to be done to protect yourself and your family.
    Just my take. But above all else, once you've gained control of the situation, do whatever you legally need to do to protect yourself and your family. Remember, he illegally and without an invitation entered your home, so at that point, as a reasonable person, you must believe that he intended you and your family harm, and it is your responsibility to protect yourself until the police can arrive and take him into custody.
    Oh yeah, one other small thing........ DO NOT go anywhere near the guy, as in anywhere within arms reach. You do that, and you're setting yourself up for disaster. Stay outside his reach, and keep a firearm pointed at him until the police arrive. It's your home, not his, and you have a right to defend yourself and your property from his unwelcome and unwanted attentions.
    Last edited by suncat05; 07-31-2011 at 08:16 AM. Reason: mispelling

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to suncat05 For This Useful Post:

dnola (07-31-2011), Eccentric (08-03-2011), rkbartley (07-31-2011), UGA (07-31-2011)

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries

Icon6

"then if you kill him outright then you've done what needed to be done".

SUNCAT05,
    I thank you for your service as an LEO and I know that the vernacular you use in your job is common among LEOs, but I would refrain from using the "K" word. In the state of Florida WITH the Castle Doctrine, you STOP the threat.
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat FocusŪ Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com

Good post, suncat05, and very important to remember not to get anywhere near the BG where you can be lunged at, etc.