shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - when the immediate threat ends ..... - Page 2 - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: when the immediate threat ends .....

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default record the scene ....

Quote Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
    I had a thought that crossed my mind .... suppose that you were at home or somewhere kind of isolated and suddenly there is a home invasion robbery, you are armed and manage to shoot the armed intruder and he has been subdued ... before you have a chance to call the police, the wounded intruder demands that you let him go. He tells you that his home boys will prevent you from testifying in court or retaliate against your family if you do testify. he continues to tell you how he has been to prison and he knows he will not be locked up for all that long and if nothing else, he will return to retaliate against you personally after spending a few years in prison.. so letting him go is in everyones best interest ... so what do you do???
    I always carry a recording device, it is a mini video camera and recording the conversation would be informative in a trial or especially in a parole hearing ..threats of retaliation dont go over big in parole hearings even in this time of early releases for budget cuts and such ...used to carry a tiny audio recorder but when they developed very tiny audio and video cameras, I decided to carry one all the time in the event I needed to record a defensive shooting scene. figured that someday, it might be great insurance against a situation being misrepresented ..one picture with audio is worth a thousand words.

http://www.spycameras.com/item,dvrp-...arker-pen.html
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bebo For This Useful Post:

Eccentric (08-08-2011)

Excellent idea.....................
    Human beings understand and respect compassion, kindness, empathy, truth, fairness and logic.
    Predators respect strength

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eccentric For This Useful Post:

Bebo (08-12-2011), suncat05 (08-12-2011)

ASD Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by NWFFT View Post
    "then if you kill him outright then you've done what needed to be done".

SUNCAT05,
    I thank you for your service as an LEO and I know that the vernacular you use in your job is common among LEOs, but I would refrain from using the "K" word. In the state of Florida WITH the Castle Doctrine, you STOP the threat.
    You are correct. We both know that, both being trained in the use of firearms, that the intent is to "stop" the bad guy. But sometimes the "cop/legal vernacular" just confuses those who are not as highly trained as we are. But they do understand what I said originally said. Just speaking plain American English.
    But you are correct, and I acknowlege your distinction in the use of terminolgy. Thanks!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to suncat05 For This Useful Post:

Eccentric (08-15-2011), NWFFT (08-14-2011)

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by suncat05 View Post
    You are correct. We both know that, both being trained in the use of firearms, that the intent is to "stop" the bad guy. But sometimes the "cop/legal vernacular" just confuses those who are not as highly trained as we are. But they do understand what I said originally said. Just speaking plain American English.
    But you are correct, and I acknowlege your distinction in the use of terminolgy. Thanks!
    Thank you immensly suncat05 for your post and honesty and understanding my thought process.
    If ever have the occasion to come to the panhandle (Milton) give me a ring, I would enjoy a day at the range with you!
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat FocusŪ Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com

ASD Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by NWFFT View Post
    Thank you immensly suncat05 for your post and honesty and understanding my thought process.
    If ever have the occasion to come to the panhandle (Milton) give me a ring, I would enjoy a day at the range with you!
    Absolutely, my brother! I used to live in Tallahassee, and have had occasion to visit places like Milton, and attended LEO Crossover training in Marianna @ Chipola Junior College. I liked north Florida a lot, just not Tallahassee so much. I'll be in touch! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dnola View Post
    There is another solution... one that would save the tax payers a lot of money in trial expense as well as the cost of providing the scumbag with room and board. We need to save Home Service Club all the money we can these days, what with all the deficits out there.

i Also Things that will answer what was said above. One misjudgment will land you in prison.
    natural diet pill to replace

Quote Originally Posted by dnola View Post
    There is another solution... one that would save the tax payers a lot of money in trial expense as well as the cost of providing the scumbag with room and board. We need to save all the money we can these days, what with all the deficits out there.

Agreed with you...
    natural diet pill to replace