shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - ATF head fingers DOJ in obstruction of gun runner prob. - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

Thread: ATF head fingers DOJ in obstruction of gun runner prob.

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default ATF head fingers DOJ in obstruction of gun runner prob.

NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

Hmmm, Umm, Well...
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

Administrator

Yes...me, too UGA.
    I placed the link on my Facebook page with this note..."If this doesn't make your blood boil then your funeral should have been scheduled last week..."

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default Mexican arrest warrants ...

I have written letters to both Obama and the Mexican embassy ... I suggested to Obama that he stop appointing criminals and fools to high government office and I wrote to the mexican embassy to apologize for the criminal activities of my government that caused the death of hundreds and perhaps thousands of mexican citizen by guns purchased with the knowledge of the ATF. I suggested that they file arrest warrants for any and all persons including government employees at any level who facilitated the illegal transporting of firearms to mexico and did not try to intercept those weapons as they are mandated to do by law. I feel that Eric Holder and others need to stand before the Mexican justice system and explain to the families of the dead and wounded why they knowingly let guns go across the border.
    I apologized for the fact that it took the death of two border patrol officers to finally bring to light illegal government sponsered activity.. while hundreds and perhaps thousands of mexican citizens died as a result of those same illegal govenment sponsered decisions and nothing was mentioned in the press or within public domain ..something wrong there.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

This whole thing was deliberate. It was not about tracking gun sales. It was an attempt to create destruction and mayhem to be linked back to the Americans and their "wild west mentality". I feel the heart of it was an attempt to create news worthy mass killings and drug war murders for another run on the so called "assault weapons ban" which any idiot knows is a full auto military weapon and not a semi-auto rifle. We have already seen this administration blame the crime in Mexico on American gun freedom. The icing on the cake would have been the US being framed for it and adding fuel to an already out of control UN fire to impose a greater restriction on American gun ownership and rights. The stench of this stretches beyond our borders. Politics is a dirty word my friends, and only the innocent will pay the price for it.
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UGA For This Useful Post:

Bebo (07-08-2011), Jim Trueblood (07-08-2011), NWFFT (07-09-2011), rkbartley (07-08-2011)

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default Obama to reveal gun control executive orders ...

WASHINGTON -- Half a year after the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), the Obama administration is set to release a series of reforms to the current gun law, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said on Thursday.

The reforms, which are being crafted by the Department of Justice, come after a series of meetings with relevant stakeholders in the Second Amendment debate. But in a nod to the difficulties of getting legislation through a Republican-run House of Representatives, only executive orders or administrative actions -- and not an actual bill -- are expected to be handed to Congress.

Administration officials were coy on the specifics, from the reforms the Department of Justice would recommend or when it would actually make those recommendations.

"The president directed the Attorney General to form working groups with key stakeholders to identify common sense measures that would improve American safety and security while fully respecting Second Amendment rights," Carney said at Thursday's briefing. "That process is well underway at the Department of Justice with stakeholders on all sides working through these complex issues and we expect to have more specific announcements in the near future."

Just how near? Carney would only say "not far in the future." Another administration official said weeks would be an appropriate measurement.

When the recommendations do come, it will represent the most comprehensive move on the gun control front from this administration to date. The president has largely punted on the issue since entering the White House, save issuing carefully worded reactions to Supreme Court rulings on local gun laws or bans.

The Giffords shooting had, seemingly, upped the pressure to implement reforms. Obama himself used the occasion to pen an op-ed for the Arizona Daily Star advocating for stronger state-to-state coordination with respect to gun data, expedited background checks and greater enforcement of the laws already on the books. The Department of Justice meetings commenced not too long later and have continued over the course of several months, according to an administration official. They are now finished.

The end result, one source close to the discussions said, was a package of reforms "not huge in scope." They are largely expected to mirror the topics covered in the president's op-ed. Gun control advocates have pushed for more, including legislation that would limit the size of magazines -- such as the 32-round clip that Giffords' shooter used -- or a bill that would force private sellers to conduct background checks at gun shows -- which was pushed in the wake of the Virginia Tech shooting.

Story continues below
    Advertisement

Still, executive actions offer something that legislation doesn't: guaranteed results. And as one gun control advocate told the Huffington Post, there are ways to "use these administrative changes to obtain similar results."

This post has been updated
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

Administrator

Thumbs down

???!!! The first revolution was fought giving us the ability to create our Constitution...is this guy going to keep shreading it until it takes another revolution to defend it????

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default yep .....

Quote Originally Posted by rkbartley View Post
    ???!!! The first revolution was fought giving us the ability to create our Constitution...is this guy going to keep shreading it until it takes another revolution to defend it????

rkb
    Looks that way to me ...
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Icon6

Vote wisely for your representatives my friends, vote wisely.
    Having a pro-2A congress is much more important than having a pro-2A president.
    Last edited by Jim Trueblood; 07-08-2011 at 11:32 AM.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries

Icon6

Quote Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
    Looks that way to me ...
    Looks that way to me to! Start buying the ammo you can afford.
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat Focus® Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com