shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - State senitor Lorie Klein points gun at reporter .... - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

Thread: State senitor Lorie Klein points gun at reporter ....

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default State senitor Lorie Klein points gun at reporter ....

Lori Klein, Arizona State Senator, Pointed Loaded Gun At Reporter Richard Ruelas's Chest

First Posted: 7/11/11 04:07 PM ET Updated: 7/11/11 11:57 PM ET

Arizona state Sen. Lori Klein (R), a gun-rights champion, keeps a loaded raspberry-pink handgun in her purse, and during an interview with Arizona Republic reporter Richard Ruelas, she took it out and pointed it at him.

"Oh, it's so cute," Klein said, before aiming the gun at Ruelas's chest to show off the red beam of the laser sight. Klein's gun, a .380 Ruger, has no safety, but the senator assured Ruelas that he wasn't in danger.

"I just didn't have my hand on the trigger," she said.

Klein told the Arizona Republic that she owns a number of guns and has had "informal" training sessions on each of them, and that she was taught gun safety by her father.

Local gun activists have criticized Klein for pointing her gun at Ruelas, however.

Rob Mermelstein, the range master of the Phoenix Rod and Gun Club, told the Arizona Guardian, that Klein's actions were "unconscionable."

"Whoever would do something like that needs to have a better grounding in gun safety before ever laying a hand on a firearm," he said.

Story continues below
    The shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) on January 8 has reignited the national debate over gun control. President Barack Obama called for stronger gun laws in the wake of the shooting, and HuffPost's Sam Stein reported last week that the Obama administration is preparing to release a series of reforms in the near future.

According to the Daily Beast the changes will include:

- A national electronic system designed to make background checks for handgun buyers simpler and faster, leaving an electronic paper trail under a law named for Ronald Reagan's press secretary James Brady, who was wounded in the 1981 assassination attempt.
    - A new reporting requirement that federally licensed gun shops report any person who tries to buy two long-arm weapons near the Mexican border over a five-day period.

- Tougher sentencing guidelines for straw buyers that Holder's department pushed through procedural hoops at the U.S. Sentencing Commission earlier this year.

In Arizona, Klein's handgun has become a symbol of the gun control debate, and while she supports those who want the right to carry guns, she says it's a personal choice that she isn't forcing on anyone.

"I don't like chocolate ice cream," she told the Arizona Republic. "Am I going to force you not to have any?"
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bebo For This Useful Post:

Jim Trueblood (07-12-2011)

Administrator

Exclamation Training!

It is people like this who fuel the anti's cause. If you own a firearm get some formal training and train as often as you can. LEARN the basic rules to firearm safety! One of them which says "NEVER point a firearm at anything you don't want to distroy!"

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rkbartley For This Useful Post:

Jim Trueblood (07-12-2011), mmszbi (07-12-2011)

Super Moderator
    A tent in the Mojave Desert next to Front Sight Training Institute
    Blog Entries

Thank you, Senator Klein. I am sure her daddy is shaking his head in shame and saying, "I never taught her it was ok to point a gun at someone."
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    NRA Recruiter
    TSRA Benefactor Life Member
    VFW Life Member
    Member, Optimist International
    Member, USCCA
    Former Juvenile Boot Camp Drill Instructor
    Former USAF/Security Police
    Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do.

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Cool Attention Senator Klein

Yikes!!!

Senator Klein, you are blessed to live in Arizona, one of the most pro-2A states in our country. Some of our nation's finest civilian firearms training facilities are located there.

I applaud your enthusiastic support of our 2A right. All rights however demand responsibility. Owning an airplane doesn't make one a responsible pilot any more than owning a handgun makes one a responsible shooter.

You champion our 2A right. Now take the next step and become a role model for concealed-carriers by attending a professional firearms training course.

Respectfully,

Jim

UNIVERSAL RULES OF FIREARMS SAFETY

1. ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED.
    There are NO exceptions. If someone hands you a firearm, no matter what you are told, the gun should always be treated as if it were loaded.

2. NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY.
    This applies to everyone and everything. Make certain no matter what you are doing that your muzzle is always pointed in a safe direction. In the event of an accidental or negligent discharge this rule ensures that no harm will occur to any person, property, or yourself.

3. KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL THE SIGHTS ARE ON TARGET AND YOU ARE READY TO FIRE.
    This is the most important rule and often the most violated.

4. BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET.
    Know what it is, what is in line with it, and what is beyond it. If you are not 100% certain that your bullet will be stopped safely, don't shoot.
    Last edited by Jim Trueblood; 07-12-2011 at 11:53 AM.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Icon14 Good Call

Quote Originally Posted by rkbartley View Post
    It is people like this who fuel the anti's cause. If you own a firearm get some formal training and train as often as you can. LEARN the basic rules to firearm safety! One of them which says "NEVER point a firearm at anything you don't want to distroy!"rkb
    Good Call RKB on the Rule #2 violation.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

ASD Senior Member

Default AZ state senator Lorie Klein

While I appreciate her support for our 2A rights, how dumb do you really have to be to know that wasn't cool or correct in any manner? It's folks like her, no matter how well intentioned, that hurt the rest of us and cause our Constitional rights to be infringed upon.

I cringe reading that. Bad bad bad idea. Really, very stupid. If someone did that to me...

I don't want to engage in chest beating but I think everybody here feels the same.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Decline View Post
    ...I don't want to engage in chest beating but I think everybody here feels the same.
    Absolutely agree. We're far better off with these people just keeping quiet than with their attempting to help.
    If Obama is the answer, the question must have been really stupid!
    Official Certification: This is to warrant that the above post contains a minimum of 90% recycled words.