shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - What do you carry? - Page 3 - The Original American Sheepdog!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 42

Thread: What do you carry?

  1. #21
    Staff Contributor
    Bebo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,205
    Thanked: 382
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Bless her texas woman heart ....

    Quote Originally Posted by rkbartley View Post
    I have two primary carries, depending on how I'm dressing for the day and/or who I'm with.

    Light weight or more formal dress calls for the Bond derringer; it disappears very well without much effort. This derringer may only have two shots, but they leave very big holes. It carries either .45 LC or .410 rounds and is not to be used for long distance targets. My little baby is defiantly an up close and personal self protection tool. I only carry it when I am by myself or sometimes when with family members who also carry.

    When wearing jeans or heavier clothing my weapon of choice is the HK P2000sk 9mm. This is what I wear anytime I am with the grandchildren or away from home with otherwise unprotected family. A lot of the time I have to choose
    what to wear because of who I am going to be with. (What a bother!)

    Something you guys have never had to think about is whether or not to carry in a purse. I spent some pretty big bucks a few years ago on a
    veryfine Coronado Leather purse with a locking compartment made specifically for a gun. However, now with my grandchildren around so much I wouldn't dare leave a gun in my purse with it unlocked...and what good is a gun in any locked compartment if it is needed???? So, now whenever the gun is in reach of anyone it is on my person.

    Okay, this is probably much more than any of you wanted to know...but you asked...

    rkb
    rosemary, you always carry concealed off very well and it amazes me how you are the only shooting partner I have every had that does their "fingers and toes" before going shooting ... bless your little texas heart, your just great in my book...
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bebo For This Useful Post:

    rkbartley (08-22-2011)

  3. #22
    Administrator

    rkbartley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    2,612
    Thanked: 457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
    rosemary, you always carry concealed off very well and it amazes me how you are the only shooting partner I have every had that does their "fingers and toes" before going shooting ... bless your little texas heart, your just great in my book...
    Well, just because I carry something that goes 'boom' (and can make a very big mess) doesn't mean the fingers and toes shouldn't look good while doing it... Besides, it sometimes helps to break up the waves of testosterone in some of the training sessions!

    rkb
    rkb


    Member:

    NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to rkbartley For This Useful Post:

    Bebo (08-22-2011)

  5. #23
    ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Southwest, USA
    Posts
    1,106
    Thanked: 494

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by rkbartley View Post
    I have two primary carries, depending on how I'm dressing for the day and/or who I'm with.

    Light weight or more formal dress calls for the Bond derringer; it disappears very well without much effort. This derringer may only have two shots, but they leave very big holes. It carries either .45 LC or .410 rounds and is not to be used for long distance targets. My little baby is defiantly an up close and personal self protection tool. I only carry it when I am by myself or sometimes when with family members who also carry.

    When wearing jeans or heavier clothing my weapon of choice is the HK P2000sk 9mm. This is what I wear anytime I am with the grandchildren or away from home with otherwise unprotected family. A lot of the time I have to choose
    what to wear because of who I am going to be with. (What a bother!)

    Something you guys have never had to think about is whether or not to carry in a purse. I spent some pretty big bucks a few years ago on a
    veryfine Coronado Leather purse with a locking compartment made specifically for a gun. However, now with my grandchildren around so much I wouldn't dare leave a gun in my purse with it unlocked...and what good is a gun in any locked compartment if it is needed???? So, now whenever the gun is in reach of anyone it is on my person.

    Okay, this is probably much more than any of you wanted to know...but you asked...

    rkb
    Lucid, Logical, and Well Articulated.
    Last edited by Jim Trueblood; 08-23-2011 at 09:37 AM.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck





  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Trueblood For This Useful Post:

    rkbartley (08-23-2011)

  7. #24

    Default

    My new love is my Ruger SR9C which replaced my Ruger p95. I currently carry with an extra 17rd. mag in my man-purse.

    Those who laugh at the "Murse"are always the first to need some duct tape, bailing wire, assortment of tools, first aid, eatery/cutlery and various other preparations including, if need be, personal protection.

    I am looking into some IWB options for the Kel-tec PF9 ill be getting next month.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to TacticalKnine For This Useful Post:

    Jim Trueblood (09-14-2011)

  9. #25
    ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Southwest, USA
    Posts
    1,106
    Thanked: 494

    Icon14

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalKnine View Post
    My new love is my Ruger SR9C.
    I really like the SR9s, SLIM, light, reliable, and affordable.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck





  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Trueblood For This Useful Post:

    TacticalKnine (09-14-2011)

  11. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Trueblood View Post
    I really like the SR9s, SLIM, light, reliable, and affordable.
    Tell me about it! I have an FFL in the family so I got mine for $350 shipped.

    Im a big fan of 1911 style pistols. The grip just fits my hands perfectly.

  12. #27
    ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Southwest, USA
    Posts
    1,106
    Thanked: 494

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalKnine View Post
    I have an FFL in the family so I got mine for $350 shipped.
    SWEET!
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck





  13. #28
    ASD Senior Member Rossi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Missouri/Kansas Border
    Posts
    1,801
    Thanked: 269
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    Currently, a Springfield EMP 9mm....Sig P228 back-up. At the Mexican border it's a Springfield Mil-Spec government .45.... same back-up Sig.

    When I ws a criminal investigator on the mean streets, it always was 1911 .45 cannons.

    Rossi

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossi For This Useful Post:

    Bebo (09-16-2011)

  15. #29
    Super Moderator
    Sgt T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    A tent in the Mojave Desert next to Front Sight Training Institute
    Posts
    1,330
    Thanked: 343
    Blog Entries
    11

    Default

    The purse isn't so bad. It's the heels that kill me.

    For deep concealment my Glock 19 w/ spare 17 mag in a SmartCarry. For on the hip Glock 17 w/ two spare mags, or the Beretta M9 with two spares, or the Kimber CDP or Colt 1991A1 with two spare mags. My itty-bitty BUG is a NAA .22 Mag in the pocket. Ok, sometimes I carry the Colt Detective Special, but that's it.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    NRA Recruiter
    TSRA Benefactor Life Member
    VFW Life Member
    Member, Optimist International
    Member, USCCA
    Former Juvenile Boot Camp Drill Instructor
    Former USAF/Security Police
    Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sgt T For This Useful Post:

    Bebo (09-16-2011), Jim Trueblood (09-16-2011)

  17. #30
    ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Southwest, USA
    Posts
    1,106
    Thanked: 494

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt T View Post
    My itty-bitty BUG is a NAA .22 Mag in the pocket.
    LUV those!
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck





Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Important Site Information