shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Bore sight laser .... - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

Thread: Bore sight laser ....

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default Bore sight laser ....

Well this old dog is gonna try something new ... finally decided to buy a bore sight laser for my bushmaster m4 long rifle and bushmaster .223 pistol to see if the laser bore sight will speed up sighting in scopes and adjustible sights on the firearms. the concept seems interesting, just line your scope up to the laser and then fine tune the scopes after they are on target with the laser .. gonna try it with my 30-06 as well. will let you know how it works out later.

http://www.aimshot.com/boresight.php

Bore sight manual...

http://www.aimshot.com/AimShot%20Bor...t%20Manual.pdf
    Last edited by Bebo; 08-07-2011 at 02:30 PM.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Icon14

Yea I'm still doing it the ol'school way too. Look forward to reading your review.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Trueblood For This Useful Post:

Bebo (08-06-2011)

Ditto

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Decline For This Useful Post:

Bebo (08-06-2011)

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default laser bore sight tool is great ....

Okay, I have some more information on the AimShot bore laser sighting system .. the package arrived and the cost with shipping was about $50.00 the laser fits the rifle easily and it is made of brass to replicate the .223 round so there was no trouble fitting the laser into the bore. the laser I bought was a X20 laser and it really eats the batteries up in a hurry. the laser uses three LR41 button batteries, so my suggestion is that if you order one to sight your weapons, be sure to get online and order lots of extra batteries at the same time. I ordered 100 LR41 batteries for slightly over $27.00 with shipping and tax. so that means to arm the laser bore sighting system will cost about 90 cents and the laser will deplete those batteries in about 15-20 minutes. I sighted my bushmaster AR-15 pistol first, and discovered that the bore sighting tool was way too easy to use, it was more accurate than my putting dozens of rounds down range to get a tight grouping. it only takes a couple moments to see if your sights are off. the new laser fit so tight that it was required to get a cleaning rod to safely remove the laser the first time ..fits snug so it might be a good idea to have a cleaning rod available to eject the laser bore sight. Next I used the sighting tool on my springfield 30-06. I put the .223 laser into the brass adapter for the 30-06 and quickly made slight adjustments to the scope and the sighting was right on at 100 yards. I generally sight the zero for the 30-06 for two hundred yards so I will have to fine tune the scope by raising the cross hairs slightly to adjust for two hundred yards.
    the .223 pistol I sight the red dot sight on the weapon for 30 yard because it it a close quarters weapon so it can be sighted slightly above targets at greater distances.

Over all, I rate the Aimshot laser bore sighting tool very highly if you are going to be sighting weapons with adjustable sights or if you are going to replace fixed sights on handguns and want them sighted accurately without having to run to the range to test your repairs. the over all cost for the tool and batteries will easily be cheaper than going to the range and wasting ammo trying to get the scope on target .. after using the sight bore laser, the fine tuning will be very easy at the range but I suspect that most people who sight rifles will not have to do too much fine tuning. I think it is a very useful tool for people who use scopes and red dot sights or want to make adjustments to adjustable iron sights.
    not nearly as much fun as shooting a box of ammo down range to get your scope on target but it is going to be cheaper and probably more accurate starting point for fine tuning.
    Last edited by Bebo; 08-11-2011 at 05:00 AM.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bebo For This Useful Post:

Jim Trueblood (08-11-2011), mmszbi (08-11-2011)

Icon14

Good info, thanks.
    Last edited by Jim Trueblood; 08-11-2011 at 08:04 AM.
    John Steinbeck

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Trueblood For This Useful Post:

Bebo (08-11-2011)

ASD Senior Member

Bebo, seems to me that the laser sighting, especially for the AR platform would be very helpful as the typical method simply will not work due to the distance between the rail and bore is too great for a traditional boresighter. Thank you for the review!
    HUG YOUR KIDS EVERY DAY AND TELL THEM YOU LOVE THEM
    R.I.P. Zachary, 6/19/95-10/25/12

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mmszbi For This Useful Post:

Bebo (08-11-2011)

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default laser stopped working ....

okay, so now I will find out how the service and warranty work, the laser started going on and off intermittently and stopped throwing out the red laser light all together ... manufacture gave me a hint that it might be the spring holding the batteries was too compressed but that was not it .. so I will send it back and see what happens. that is what I get for buying something made in the USA instead of one made in china...... just kidding .. will let you know how there warranty works out .. the product does a great job of sighting stuff but needs to last a while longer for the price.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

Icon14

Keep us posted. I'm always curious how good a company's customer service is. I prefer to lay down hard-earned bucks on companies with great CS.
    John Steinbeck