shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Online book for concealed carry by members of sheep dog ..... - The Original American Sheepdog!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Online book for concealed carry by members of sheep dog .....

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default Online book for concealed carry by members of sheep dog .....

Been thinking about an idea that might appeal to some of the sheepdog members ....

what if we were to write and compile threads to make a large online book or manual for concealed carry use by everyone from first time gun buyers looking for a defensive gun to the experienced ccw holder .. some original articles and some threads that apply to the individual chapters. all of it being downloadable in part (page, chapter, whole book). have members contribute to the online manual and have three or four members do the online editing and make chapters for the individual contributions .. just a thought .. would be interested in what others thought of this free online book idea.

the book could be constantly updated with new additions and deleted sub chapters or parts of threads .. an ongoing online book ...
    Last edited by Bebo; 08-18-2011 at 01:53 PM.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bebo For This Useful Post:

Jim Trueblood (08-23-2011)

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm in.... I will play with some cover art tonight.

Seriously guys, we could do this without a tremendous amount of effort. We could have a first edition shortly and update editions as it is amended or added to. Great idea Bebo!
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

Administrator

I'm in! I am pretty good at editing if you guys come up with the product to edit....my weakness is in writing.

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default standard english .....

Quote Originally Posted by rkbartley View Post
    I'm in! I am pretty good at editing if you guys come up with the product to edit....my weakness is in writing.

rkb
    sounds good Rosemary, but ..... the book has to be in standard english, not that texas version of english (no Y'all's).. ... just kidding

The online book would have to have chapters covering all aspects of guns, concealed carry, training, reloading, holsters and related equipment, home defense, getting the permit and training to carry safely .. on and on .. we have so many knowledgeable people on this forum that the information could be submitted as short stories within larger chapters by different people to make for different perspectives. so I suppose deciding on what kinds of chapters and topics within each chapter would be the first step. for example if there was a chapter on "reloading" all the folks who reload could discuss different aspects of reloading that they feel they know the most about, they could even collaberate on topic and short stories on reloading ..
    it would be perfectly okay to use information for other books or experts but only so long as the sources are clearly identified or quoted with the original book information included.... just my humble starting suggestion.
    Last edited by Bebo; 08-18-2011 at 11:07 PM.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

Administrator

Y'all take all the fun out of a little 'ole editing job. Shoot, t'ain't nothin to it....

rkb

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rkbartley For This Useful Post:

Bebo (08-18-2011)

I was just thinking about this yesterday! Great minds do think alike!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Decline For This Useful Post:

Bebo (08-19-2011)

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries

Icon6

I will contribute. I think someone needs to head this up and list a set of topics and then let members choose what topic they would like to write about, This may prevent some duplication of effort.
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat FocusŪ Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NWFFT For This Useful Post:

Bebo (08-19-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by NWFFT View Post
    I will contribute. I think someone needs to head this up and list a set of topics and then let members choose what topic they would like to write about, This may prevent some duplication of effort.
    I agree. Why don't we all list our ideas for sections, consolidate them into a master list and then pick or maybe draw straws.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Decline For This Useful Post:

Bebo (08-19-2011)

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Decline View Post
    I agree. Why don't we all list our ideas for sections, consolidate them into a master list and then pick or maybe draw straws.
    Excellent idea! I will 'Sticky' this thread so we can list ideas for section, chapters, articles, ect. This way it will all be in one thread for easy retrival.

rkb
    Last edited by rkbartley; 08-19-2011 at 02:36 PM.
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default Pdf

Rosemary and I were talking about how the book might be easier if done in PDF and I have the "acrobate program" which allows converting word or other documents into PDF for easy editing and converting. I guess Phillip will have to advise how best to make a "Book" on the forum that can be downloaded in part or in whole. The threads on the forum provide for great suggestings for chapter on the book. I think having several people writing about a subject matter is a good idea so duplication of efforts might not be a bad thing.. different points of view ...training experience with different trainers give a good over view of training. each like different defensive guns so stories about each gun would be helpful for a new or experienced gun buyer ...

possible chapter titles ....

1. what is CCW or CWP
    2. why carry open or concealed
    3. buying a defensive weapon
    4. training and where to get it
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES