shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Online book for concealed carry by members of sheep dog ..... - Page 2 - The Original American Sheepdog!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Online book for concealed carry by members of sheep dog .....

5. Revolver or Auto for beginner?
    6. Non partisan guide to caliber

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Decline For This Useful Post:

Bebo (08-20-2011)

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries

Icon6

7. DA/SA or SA or DA ONLY
    8. What do I say to LEO after a SD shooting
    9. What is the mindset for a SD shooting
    10. Do I need a lawyer and why?
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat FocusŪ Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NWFFT For This Useful Post:

Bebo (08-20-2011)

Default Book Cover

Comments or Critiques?

ASD Book Cover copy.jpg

With cover art... More ink to print but gives a better aesthetic appearance.

It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to UGA For This Useful Post:

Bebo (08-20-2011), Decline (08-20-2011), Jim Trueblood (08-23-2011), mmszbi (08-21-2011), NWFFT (08-20-2011), rkbartley (08-20-2011)

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default very nice book title and look too

Dang Phillip, that is really nice and fancy too ... the only book title I could come up with was "American Sheepdog concealed carry and pooper scooper manual" .. guess I like your book art and title much better. Like the chapter titles too the folks are coming up with too ... we really do have a lot of talent hanging around this forum.

I am seeing some good suggestions for chapter headings as well as sub chapter articles too .. good job guys.

11. training for concealed carry and training schools
    12. what states can I carry a firearm legally
    13. personal carry and home defense
    14. Reloading my own ammo
    Last edited by Bebo; 08-20-2011 at 01:28 AM.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bebo For This Useful Post:

mmszbi (08-21-2011), NWFFT (08-20-2011), UGA (08-20-2011)

Blog Entries

Chpt 1. Making the decision!

I'm a firm believer that if you are not personally committed to the responsibility of carrying, then you shouldn't carry. If you are not committed to your own ability to fire the weapon to protect yourself and family, then the gun is of more danger to the carrier than to the BG. This needs to be pointed out to those considering the move to concealed carry.
    If Obama is the answer, the question must have been really stupid!
    Official Certification: This is to warrant that the above post contains a minimum of 90% recycled words.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dnola For This Useful Post:

Bebo (08-20-2011), Decline (08-20-2011), Jim Trueblood (08-23-2011), mmszbi (08-21-2011), rkbartley (08-20-2011), UGA (08-20-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by dnola View Post

I'm a firm believer that if you are not personally committed to the responsibility of carrying, then you shouldn't carry. If you are not committed to your own ability to fire the weapon to protect yourself and family, then the gun is of more danger to the carrier than to the BG. This needs to be pointed out to those considering the move to concealed carry.
    Excellent point dnola. This is the literal first step and should be the first chapter. Each man and woman must give themselves a serious "gut check" and consider the actions and consequences involved, no exceptions... You're either all in or leave your firearm at home.
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to UGA For This Useful Post:

Bebo (08-20-2011), NWFFT (08-20-2011), rkbartley (08-20-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by dnola View Post

Excellent idea! Reminds me of a conversation i had with a gal who wanted to carry, but only wanted to carry a .22 derringer on a necklace "holster". Carrying requires some sacrifice of comfort, time, and money. If you arent commited to training, research, and carrying 100% of the time, i really belive you are safer without a gun. If a non commited person carrying a .22 derringer as a primary weapon finds themselves in a bad situation, they will most likley make desisions based on the fact they are carrying. That is dangerous! The correct mindset is that no matter what caliber handgun you are packing, you are woefully under armed.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Decline For This Useful Post:

Bebo (08-20-2011), rkbartley (08-20-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
    ...I think having several people writing about a subject matter is a good idea so duplication of efforts might not be a bad thing.. different points of view ...
    Not a bad idea either...

I wonder if we could take a wikipedia sort of approach to this. Sort of a fluid document where we can all proofread and challange certain points. I for one would welcome advice or correction if i accedentally screw up somewhere. Just throwing that out there- im not all that technically savvy so this may be too much to accomplish.

BTW, i was looking for a confused smiley and i thought that one seemed confused but on further examination he might be flipping the bird.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Decline For This Useful Post:

Bebo (08-20-2011)

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default lending helping hands to each other ....

by all means lets all write and share ideas and check each others work ... I think putting it out there for everyone to see or simply contacting specific members out there by forum mail would work too .. Rosemary offered to assist by editing and anyone can drop me a line to help as a sounding board or for whatever.
    the cool part about the book idea is that it does not have to be written chapter by chapter, everyone can write about anything that interests them no matter what chapter it will be put into ... think of the issues the members write about as short stories that will be added to larger chapters .. so no reason not to start writing about your interests today.

as far as technical information, it is fine to use other sources and make reference to or quote other writers but credit must be given to the original writer and what they say must be in quotation marks within your work. if you are not sure who wrote the phrase or idea, run it by google or other members or just say that your not sure where the original quote came from or paraphrase. It is not hard to write once the topic is picked, it gets easier to write something, let others look it over and make suggestions on subject matter, give additional ideas, look at format and readability ..then produce the final article ..really not that hard at all. things like reviews of handguns, it is cool to include manufactures specifications and pictures from the manufactures as you discuss your opinion of the gun. we already have some cool firearm reviews written on the threads but Rosemary and I discussed how it might be possible to contact the member who wrote the thread and see if they would expand on the original thread and make it an article for the book. members might review their threads or threads started by others and write articles from the threads already on the forum ...just build up and expand on the idea in the thread. One cool thing about the online book is that articles can be modified or simply rewritten as time goes by and the writer wants to change it.... not a problem, since nothing is written in stone.

articles can be as large or small as the writer wants to make it and just because one person writes on one subject matter, that does not mean that other articles on the same topic would not be valuable. searching the threads for subject matter is a great source for articles.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

Rbk said she was a natural born editor, shall we email our submissions to her?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Decline For This Useful Post:

Bebo (08-20-2011)