shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Another new guy researching a replacement for his AMT Backup. - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

Thread: Another new guy researching a replacement for his AMT Backup.

Default Another new guy researching a replacement for his AMT Backup.

Happened on the site while doing some research and enjoyed reading some of the threads. It started with a visit to a new range/store here in town. Wanted to see if they rented an LCP so I could shoot one before making a final purchase decision. The guy wanted to sell me ANYTHING but an LCP. Kahr, Kel Tec, S&W, Diamond Back, BUT NO LCP.

He had several in stock so that wasn't the problem. Any ideas why he was so set against a gun that has some nice features and is an obvious hit for Ruger?

I currently carry the Kel-Tec as a BUG. I don't understand why he pushed for the Kel-Tec over the LCP... I don't own a LCP but based on what I know it has the same + additional features that the Kel-Tec doesn't. Hmmm

(Moving thread to the Handgun forum)
    It takes only seconds to call the police, waiting for them to arrive could take the rest of your life...

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Default baffled ....

sounds like a case of personal bias or simply more profit in selling one of the other handguns .. I always thought that the customer was always right when they want a specific purchase ... I am baffled .... have not heard anything at all negative about the LCP or LCR either for that matter. Welcome to the forum, glad to have you.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Cool

I see a whole-lotta LCPs being carried and shot. I've shot'em and while it's not a "fun" shooter, it wasn't designed to be "fun". It certainly does it's job though and it is what it is, a teeny-tiny plastic pistol that works well. Ruger also has outstanding customer service.
    Last edited by Jim Trueblood; 08-26-2011 at 09:07 AM.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

I have shot one. I agree with Jim. Not fun to shoot but seems reasonably accurate and fit and finish was top notch for this class. My buddy never had a problem with his. He just sold it and moved to the LCR a week ago.

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Icon14 Make My "Bug" a Snubby Wheelgun

Quote Originally Posted by Decline View Post
    He just sold it and moved to the LCR a week ago.
    Smart move, totally reliable with all loads and bullet shapes, no need for lengthy ammo-compatibility testing, and simply squeezing the trigger again to chamber and fire a fresh round is the easiest and fastest malfunction drill there is. Then there's my personal favorite, I can fire all rounds from inside a jacket/coat pocket without malfunction (I only pocket-carry concealed hammer models).

GKC2SW.jpg
    Last edited by Jim Trueblood; 08-28-2011 at 04:34 PM.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries

Icon6

MY OPINION...little guns are great BUG guns, but not for primary carry. Most people drift to "little" guns because they think they are easier to conceal. Well I will be the first to throw the BS flag on that...it is NOT about the gun, but about the concealment equipment! I carry a Springfield XDm, 40 in shorts and a T-shirt in the heat of Florida...and conceal it extremely well! Get the right holster and belt...no problems.
    Last edited by NWFFT; 08-30-2011 at 05:53 PM.
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat FocusŪ Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com