shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - If Only......Nikki Goeser of Tennessee (Women & Guns Magazine) - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

Thread: If Only......Nikki Goeser of Tennessee (Women & Guns Magazine)

Administrator

Default If Only......Nikki Goeser of Tennessee (Women & Guns Magazine)

Women & Gun's Magazine wrote a pretty good article about Nikki Goeser and the tragedy which led her to become a dedicated voice for legal concealed carry...not only for Tennessee, but for all states. Nikki said as far as interviews go this was one of the better ones as they got most of it correct (smile)...the only incorrect part is that there were no bouncers that night.

If Only......Nikki Goeser of Tennessee (Women & Guns Magazine)
    http://www.womenshooters.com/0911issue/feature1011.html

If you live in a state which allows concealed carry in most places, be thankful and be watchful to hold onto your rights. If your state does not allow concealed carry in places like restaurants which sell alcohol or churches, etc....get to work on your legislators...fight for your right of self protection! Nikki will be the first to tell you...don't wait for a tragedy to strike your life...do it now!

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rkbartley For This Useful Post:

UGA (10-17-2011)

Blog Entries

What an awful event. But I agree, she probably would not have had the time to save him.

There were a couple of things that would have filled out the story a little. What happened when the security people came up to him? Assuming that she would have been armed, where does she usually carry it? And finally, what was the final on the perp? One would assume he rode the lightning, but who knows these days.

Rossi

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

hello Rossi ... my understanding was that the security was a woman bar manager who pressed her hand against the gun as he pulled it out and said "dont do that" but was unable to prevent the shooting. the whacko is still waiting trial but did send nikki a letter a couple months ago. Defense will often stretch out the trial start in the hopes of witnesses forgetting or being unavailable, mistakes, or new evidence that might change the outcome. I agree with you as to the fact that nikki could not have prevented the first few shots even if she was armed and totally ready to draw and fire. In timed tests, when trained people know they will be drawing and shooting mulitple targets, that takes in the neighborhood of 1.5 seconds ..in a total surprise situation, I would assume that it might take as much as three seconds to draw and shoot for a trained shooter.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bebo For This Useful Post:

Rossi (10-19-2011)

Blog Entries

Copy on that.

Yep, delays are common... faced some of those myself, it also offers time to intimidate witnesses.

Rossi