shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Welcome lboyd - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

Thread: Welcome lboyd

Administrator

Smile Welcome lboyd

Glad you found us lboyd!

Welcome to American Sheepdog!
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

Thanks! Glad to be among friends.

Welcome from North Texas!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Decline For This Useful Post:

lboyd (10-22-2011)

Blog Entries

Welcome! Hope to hear your opinions and thanks for joining.
    If Obama is the answer, the question must have been really stupid!
    Official Certification: This is to warrant that the above post contains a minimum of 90% recycled words.

Enjoying some good coffee here at work in Louisville, KY... downtown @4am. Can't carry iniside so my Ruger LCP is in its Ford Taurus holster for now. On this shift I am alone in the building for a few hours... we're across the street from the Greyhound station and a few blocks from several housing projects. There's a shooting every other day in this neigborhood.
    My husband is as happy as I am about this but we're both glad I carry now. Just got my permit Thursday, but thanks to a new law here in KY you can carry a weapon in your car without its being considered "concealed," so I've been putting the Ruger in my center console where it's pretty easy to get to. I practiced drawing it from there while waiting for my CCDW permit. I load hollow points and use the cheaper ammo at the range. The Ruger's long trigger pull is its safety, yet I am uncomfortable with having a round in the pipe so I don't do that. I realize that's a compromise in readiness but that's my decision and hopefully I can live with it. Thank you all for the welcome. I look forward to meeting like-minded folks and learning from your experience.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lboyd For This Useful Post:

rkbartley (10-22-2011), UGA (10-22-2011)

Blog Entries

Good to see another LCP owner in the crowd. I have carried one in a pocket holster for two years now and really like the concealability that if offers.

Each gun owner has to decide where their comfort level is in carrying a handgun. My LCP is always with seven rounds including the round in the pipe. I deem it to be absolutely safe in this configuration. Considering that the LCP is not the easiest pistol to rack the slide on, particularly for many women, it can be rather slow in its presentation with the chamber empty. The very long, 10+ pound trigger pull makes an extremely effective safety as long as it is carried in a holster of some type that covers the trigger guard. Even as a car gun, the holster is a primary safety requirement for most of us.

As I stated, each of us has their own comfort level. I'm one of those that finds it difficult to carry a 1911 cocked and locked. Though I do carry it with one in the pipe, it is usually with the hammer down, therefore slowing my response to an emergency. I do understand your reluctance for a loaded chamber in the LCP but at the same time feel that it is the best way for it to be carried. It made me somewhat nervous the first couple of times that I carried it that way but it soon became the only way to go for me.

Good to hear from you and keep those posts coming.
    If Obama is the answer, the question must have been really stupid!
    Official Certification: This is to warrant that the above post contains a minimum of 90% recycled words.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to dnola For This Useful Post:

rkbartley (10-22-2011)

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries

Icon6

Welcome from the panhandle of Florida. Get involved, ask your questions, and share your experience.
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat FocusŪ Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com