shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Zombies out of the woodwork - The Original American Sheepdog!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zombies out of the woodwork

Default Zombies out of the woodwork

It seems that over the last 10 years or so, there have been a spate of ZOMBIE related things.
    Movies, television shows, shooting targets, even a song or two.

I don't know what the deal is. Except that, deep inside, we wish all our problems could be solved by shooting them.

What I'm wondering is; what is your choice for a perfect set of weapons to kill zombies?

Super Moderator
    A tent in the Mojave Desert next to Front Sight Training Institute
    Blog Entries

Zombies and their cohorts have been around for years. Here is documentary proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAIpI8IxgFs
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Range Safety Officer
    NRA Recruiter
    TSRA Benefactor Life Member
    VFW Life Member
    Member, Optimist International
    Member, USCCA
    Former Juvenile Boot Camp Drill Instructor
    Former USAF/Security Police
    Do the right thing because it's the right thing to do.

Staff Contributor
    Blog Entries

Everyone knows to take out a zombie, you have to damage the brain ... so I would use hot wax to drop them and make them roll around, then a turkey baster to suck the brain out the ears while they are distraced with being hot waxed .. never tried that before but Rosemary has threatened to hot wax me before and it scared me really bad, then she described the horrible uses for a turkey baster ..so the whole technique was developed in Texas.
    NRA
    Front sight
    USCCA
    AARL
    RACES
    ARES

I never really got the whole zombie thing. The closest I have come to enjoying any zombie entertainment is one of my favorite movies "Shaun of the Dead". Freakin hilarious if you like British humor. Probably annoying if you don't.

As for defending myself from zombies, my first choice would be a 12gauge. Maybe two...

+1 for the shotgun. Except for all the splatter of zombie juice. I would want to stay farther away. So I would probably go with my AR-15. Longer distance between the two means less chance of becoming infected yourself.

I never thought about hot wax and a turkey baster.

That sounds like party night in the dorm...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SkivMarine For This Useful Post:

Bebo (11-15-2011)

Whatever you decide to go with Hornadys got us covered
    http://www.hornady.com/ammunition/zombiemax

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
    Everyone knows to take out a zombie, you have to damage the brain ... so I would use hot wax to drop them and make them roll around, then a turkey baster to suck the brain out the ears while they are distraced with being hot waxed .. never tried that before but Rosemary has threatened to hot wax me before and it scared me really bad, then she described the horrible uses for a turkey baster ..so the whole technique was developed in Texas.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkivMarine View Post
    I never thought about hot wax and a turkey baster. That sounds like party night in the dorm...
    You guys are crazy. :) I know the horror of hot wax and would never subject some poor, unsuspecting zombie to that. For zombies, I much prefer Decline's idea. Hmm...think the hot wax will be reserved for Bebo's head the next time we meet to shoot. Can't have a scruffy bald head! (I'll save the turkey baster for Thanksgiving, thank you). You guys are still crazy......but wouldn't have you any other way. :) rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

I think a flame thrower would be fun. Wouldn't kill the zombies, but they'd look funny running around all on fire and stuff. woo-hoo!!

Blog Entries

Yep, I'm with Decline on this one. Hornady has a round for every contingency. Zombie Max will git 'er done. Here is their disclaimer:

Disclaimer: Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is NOT a toy (IT IS LIVE AMMUNITION), but is intended only to be used on…ZOMBIES, also known as the living dead, undead, etc. No human being, plant, animal, vegetable or mineral should ever be shot with Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition. Again, we repeat, Hornady® Zombie Max™ ammunition is for use on ZOMBIES ONLY, and that's not a nickname, phrase or cute way of referring to anybody, place or thing. When we say Zombies, we mean…ZOMBIES!

Rossi
    Last edited by Rossi; 11-17-2011 at 05:09 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rossi For This Useful Post:

rkbartley (11-17-2011)