shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - New Ruger SR22....I like - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Ruger SR22....I like

ASD Senior Member

Icon14 New Ruger SR22....I like

The new 22 semi-auto looks like a fun plinker. Can't wait to check one out. Here's the Gunblast review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsDwOAeQqGw
    sr22.jpg

SOUTHPORT, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. (NYSE: RGR) is proud to announce the new Ruger® SR22™ pistol, the do-it-all .22 pistol for the shooter who appreciates style and demands reliability. The SR22 is a rugged, scaled-down version of a full-sized pistol, perfect for plinking, target shooting and small game hunting. The lightweight SR22 has modern styling and is fun to shoot while using inexpensive rimfire ammunition.

“Ruger has built a solid reputation for excellence in rimfire pistols with the Mark III™ and 22/45™ product families, and the new SR22 will contribute positively to that reputation,” said Chris Killoy, Ruger Vice President of Sales and Marketing. “This pistol is feature-packed and an incredible value – consumers won’t find a similar product with everything the SR22 offers at a comparable price. It functions with all types of .22 LR ammunition for extreme reliability; once rimfire enthusiasts pick it up, they won’t want to put it down,” he concluded.
    The SR22 has light double-action and crisp single-action trigger pulls. Its external hammer is designed with a rounded spur for easy cocking and single-action shooting. The SR22 features a polymer frame and two interchangeable (no tools required) rubberized grips with angled serrations, allowing shooters to select either a slim or wider palm swell option. The aerospace grade aluminum slide has serrations on both front and rear for better grip and slide manipulation. The easy-to-use underside Picatinny rail features multiple cross slots for variable mounting of most popular accessories.
    The 3-dot sight system has a fixed front sight and a rear sight that is adjustable for both windage and elevation. A reversible blade allows shooters to select two white dots or a solid black blade. Other SR22 features include a stainless steel replaceable barrel, an ambidextrous manual thumb safety/decocking lever, ambidextrous magazine release, plus a visual inspection port to determine the load status of the pistol. The SR22 includes two finger grip extension floorplates that can be added to the magazine for comfort and grip. Each SR22 is also shipped with two 10-round magazines and a soft case.
    =--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=

Bob
    Sheepdog
    USCCA
    NRA
    CCDL

Glock 30sf KimberPro CDPII Ruger SR9c Ruger SR22P Remington 870 HD ISSC SCAR MK22 Hi-Point 995TS Kriss Vector CRB
    "I'm not Paranoid.....I'm Prepared"...SGT. T

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Icon6

If you get to shoot one, let us know your experience.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

Blog Entries

Icon14

The SA/DA action (best of both worlds) on a Ruger .22LR makes it a winner as far as I am concerned. Now maybe we can see it in a .22 Mag also. I know, given the 22 Mag cartridge issues in a pistol, that is very unlikely but we can always hope.

Has anyone else noticed the speed at which Ruger is cranking out new models? For a company that, 30 years ago, came with a new gun every 10 years, they have certainly turned over a new leaf since the founder has been gone, coming with three or four new ones every year. They have gone from a niche gun maker to a full blown provider to the shooting world. And they're made in the USA! Nope, don't work for them but I do own a few and the SR 22 will be in that column in the, hopefully, not too distant future.
    If Obama is the answer, the question must have been really stupid!
    Official Certification: This is to warrant that the above post contains a minimum of 90% recycled words.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dnola For This Useful Post:

Jim Trueblood (01-05-2012)

Talking Rock On Ruger, Rock On!

In his day there's no doubt Bill Ruger was a firearms pioneer. But it's also true that he couldn't / wouldn't read the writing on the wall as far as where the future of the firearms industry was headed.

Ruger's new leadership has done an outstanding job making Ruger, a true AMERICAN company, relevant again.
    John Steinbeck

ASD Senior Member

Icon14 Quick Review of the Ruger SR22 Pistol

Well I got to try out the new SR22. Didn't spend a whole lot of time with it but after putting a few mags down range, I really didn't have to.
    This little plinker performed flawlessly and proved to be accurate and fun to shoot. I immediately noticed the smooth DA/SA trigger and like IS LIGHT. I was impressed with the trigger pull in that the smoothness of the DA and the firm snappy SA really lets you enjoy yourself right away with out getting hung up on a learning curve with a new trigger. You can just pick this thing up and shoot it and shoot it well.
    The pistol I had was equipped with the large size grip insert and fit pretty good. The sights worked for me just fine, The magazines felt a little cheap and seemed a little loose but seated good and ejected with ease. The safety/decocker worked great and the slide was tight and the pull was light and smooth.

Sale price is $289 and that's pretty darn good I think for a firearm that shoots and performs like this one did.

I'm getting one for sure.

Bob
    Sheepdog
    USCCA
    NRA
    CCDL

Glock 30sf KimberPro CDPII Ruger SR9c Ruger SR22P Remington 870 HD ISSC SCAR MK22 Hi-Point 995TS Kriss Vector CRB

7. The Following User Says Thank You to xdglocker For This Useful Post:

Jim Trueblood (01-22-2012)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xdglocker View Post
    Well I got to try out the new SR22. ...

I'm getting one for sure.
    Thanks for the mini review. That what is informative for all of us. Where did you find it for that price?
    Official Certification: This is to warrant that the above post contains a minimum of 90% recycled words.

Icon14

Good Info, Thanks for posting.
    John Steinbeck

ASD Senior Member

Hoffman's in Ct. You can purchase online from them http://www.hoffgun.com/specials.htm

Bob
    Sheepdog
    USCCA
    NRA
    CCDL

Blog Entries

Icon14

I picked up a Ruger SR22 a couple of months ago but have been too busy to get to the range with it until last week. What a hoot to shoot! I can echo most of the comments posted previously. The magazines fit a little loose but work without a hitch (except for the 10 round capacity.) It needs to hold 15 or 16 rounds and they need a little heftier feel. I put about a hundred rounds through it and the only hick-up was the very first round. It failed to chamber the second round completely. That was when I remembered that I had failed to clean it after buying it new... my bad. All other rounds were flawless. The sights were easy to acquire. The slide is much easier to operate than most other .22 autos that I have fired. No man, women or child should have a problem with chambering this pistol. It was as accurate as I could expect except for that first round. I, frankly, did not like the DA trigger pull. Mine stacks very noticeably. Though it was fairly light, it had a firm-soft-firm travel that will take some getting used to and I'm not there yet. The DA rounds were almost all fliers on the target with little predictability as to location. The SA trigger pull was crisp and totally predictable. All in all, it was a super fun little pistol with it's good looks, light weight and reliable action. I'm glad I have it and intend to put a lot of those cheap .22 rounds through it. It will be the gun that goes to the range every time, gets pulled out last and will be the most fun.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dnola For This Useful Post:

Jim Trueblood (08-05-2012)

Icon14 @ Dnola

Good post, thanks for the info. I'm seeing more and more of those SR22s showing up at the range. Ruger has had a string of real winners in recent years.
    John Steinbeck