shopify analytics ecommerce
ASD - Oklahoma Mom Defends Self & Baby - Kills Home Invader - The Original American Sheepdog!
Click Me

Thread: Oklahoma Mom Defends Self & Baby - Kills Home Invader

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Icon14 Oklahoma Mom Defends Self & Baby - Kills Home Invader

"There's nothing more dangerous than a mother with her child."
    Sarah McKinley

She armed herself with a 12-Gauge and a handgun, put a bottle in her baby's mouth to stop his crying, and called 911. Well done Sarah, well done.

Oklahoma Mom Shoots Intruder Dead after asking advice of 911 operator

Updated: Thursday, 05 Jan 2012, 9:15 AM EST
    Published : Thursday, 05 Jan 2012, 8:24 AM

An Oklahoma teen mother killed an intruder with a 12-gauge shotgun after being told by a 911 operator, "do whatever you can do to protect yourself."

Sarah McKinley, 18, was home alone with her three-month-old son in Blanchard, Okla., when two men began trying to force their way through her front door at around 2:00pm local time on New Year's Eve, The Oklahoman reported.

Mom Asks 911 Operator For Advice:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0R_eAYsdfM

See More:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k237rD7GzC0

Read more:
    http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/...#ixzz1ib9ShixA
    Last edited by Jim Trueblood; 01-05-2012 at 11:00 AM.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

Administrator

I read about this and am proud of this young woman, who has been through so much trauma already in her life, that she could, and would, do what she did to protect herself and child. So many people, not just women, would cower and wait for the police...not beliving anything really bad could happen to them. The one thing that really bothers me is the statement she gives about doing this to "protect her son." Don't misunderstand me...as a mother myself, that is a very powerful force...but it worries me that protecting herself doesn't seem to enter into her mind, at least not in this interview. My hope is that if she had been alone she would have acted and reacted in the same manner. This girl has a lot to deal with...I hope she has the support system she is going to need for a long time to come. My heart hurts for her.

rkb
    rkb

Member:

NRA
    TSRA
    TCHA
    USCCA
    OES, PM #316

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Samual Adams
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."- Thomas Jefferson

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rkbartley For This Useful Post:

Jim Trueblood (01-05-2012)

ASD Senior Member Jim Trueblood's Avatar

Wink

I've no doubt that Sarah would've acted in the same fashion even if having a baby was not part of the situation.
    My interpretation of her interview is that the trauma of recently losing her husband to cancer on Christmas Day, coupled with the joy of being the mother of a newborn has heightened her maternal instinct to grizzly bear levels. No home invader was going to separate Sarah from her baby.

Once again we are reminded that the best solution for ending a home invasion is a 12-Gauge Shotgun.
    Last edited by Jim Trueblood; 01-05-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    "The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental."
    John Steinbeck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Trueblood For This Useful Post:

rkbartley (01-05-2012)

What a horrible couple of weeks this poor girl has had. I was very happy to hear it has all worked out.

ASD Senior Member

Blog Entries

Icon6

This young mother is a hero. Now the libtards are already wanting to crucify her for "taking the life of someone less fortunate"....the SOB basically stalked her and came to her door the day of her husbands funeral and then a week later breaks in because he KNOWS she is alone! The libs are also taunting the fact that she was only 18 and had a handgun. I am not sure of Oklahoma law, but it is legal in Florida to "posses" a handgun at 18.

If someone knows the Oklahoma law, please inform me. The bottom line is that the handgun probably belonged to her husband (LEGALLY) and she did not think about getting it out of the house with the trauma she had experienced, at 18, with the death of her husband.
    Retired USAF
    NRA Certified Instructor (several disciplines)
    Combat FocusŪ Shooting Instructor
    Certified SIG Armorer
    ACLDN Affliated Instructor
    www.nwfft.com
    barry@nwfft.com

Blog Entries

The Castle Doctrine preempts the libtards from doing anything. She was within her legal residence and technically there is no age limit for possession nor use of a handgun in that circumstances. She simply would not be able to purchase one at a gun store. She, however, did not use a handgun but rather a shotgun to take out the dirtbag. The do-gooders can whine all they want but it will do them no good, not in Oklahoma. A tip of the hat to her! She undoubtedly prevented one or more future crimes from occurring.
    If Obama is the answer, the question must have been really stupid!
    Official Certification: This is to warrant that the above post contains a minimum of 90% recycled words.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dnola For This Useful Post:

NWFFT (01-11-2012), rkbartley (01-07-2012)